How long must one go to have a wet dream?

How long does one have to abstain from ejaculating to have a nocturnal emission? Also, does that abate any horniness that may have built up? I’m just curious, as someone who’s never had one.

In my experience, about two weeks, but your mileage may vary.

I’m gonna take a shot at this, before this thread gets locked. I’m 38, haven’t had one in decades. Now, to be graphically honest I don’t think I’ve gone more than a week without an ejaculation in the previous 26 years.

I've never seen the response as a " pressure release" issue ( pardon the pun :D  ). While I'm not sure of the exact physical processes, I'd guess that as one leaves puberty for adultery (quote goes to Radar O"Reilly), one stops having a wet dream no matter what.

Anyone out there in their 20's or older, and still having love durin REM?

Cartooniverse

I’m 24 and have never in my life had one. Then again I’ve been masturbating since I was like 12 or 13. My friend who is a a couple months older than me has them all the time. [tmi]he also feels the need to tell me about them after they happen. shudder[/tmi]

I am 31 years old. I still get them about once or twice a year, usually after a two- or three-week abstinence. I rarely abstain that long.

Oh…my…god…brian you crack me up. I think i know what you’re trying to do…are you trying to abstain from jackin it…till you’ll have a wet dream about, you know who? Casue if you are…it’s a brilliant plan my boy!

The more sex I’ve had in a period of time, the more likely I am to dream about it. The less sex I have, the more I dream about beating the hell out of someone. (I’m 39, it wasn’t like this when I was 17).