How many celebrities know you by name?

Two. Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger, also known as the Too Hot Tamales

I’d sure hope they’d know me by name, since I work for them.

Skerri Use these instead of these < >

As for me, one.

I live a few doors down (during the season) from a fairly well known NHL player. In fact, a few weeks ago, he watched a guy puke all over my carpet. :rolleyes:

I worked as an “extra” on ALLIGATOR. Got to chatting with ROBERT FORSTER. Worked with him again 2 weeks later. He walked up to me, “hi”, called me by name. VERY impressed and flattered.

When I was a kid, one of the CUBS lived across the street from me. My sister and I baby sat their kids. Does THAT count?

Of course, that was a while back. Ah me.

Well, Jane Krakowski (the blonde secretary in Ally McBeal, The Housewife In Go, Young Betty In Flintstones II, etc.) is my Aunt’s very best friend, so I get to hang with her every so often. I even have some pictures of her that… well I could make some cash on the internet.

Who else… I think that about expends it actually. Oh well.

Lucky Charms

Cecil Adams knows me by sight, but that’s only because he knows everything. He might deign to speak to me in public.

I got drunk with Lewis Black after his Kansas City show last year, he’s a cousin of a fraternity brother. Don’t think he’d remember my name, though.

–Tim

The day I knew I had moved up in the world was the day Edward Albee chatted me up for about 20 minutes and never mentioned to me that he had just won his THIRD Pulitzer Prize earlier in the day.

Others on my list:

Jerry Bock, composer of Fiddler on the Roof.

Hi Opal!

Stuart Ostrow, producer of Pippen and winner of six, seven(?) Tony Awards.

Before he died, Pete Conrad, third man to walk on the moon. (Or if you believe Fox Network, the third to fake it. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Dennis Quaid, we had the same acting teacher.

Cindy Pickett, Ferris’ mom in Ferris Beuller’s Day Off.

Gene Kranz, “Failure is not an option!”

So there! :smiley:

In the world of comic books I am fairly well known…

Phil Jiminez current writer and artist of Wonder Woman knows me and is a bit better than an acquaintance.

Andy Mangels is a friend of mine.

Kurt Busiek knows who I am as well.

And there are a few others at DC who know me because I’ve done research for them and respect my attention to detail.

I met Burt Reynolds about 9 years ago at a booksigning, but i hIGHLY doubt he would recognize me. I was 10, LOL.

Phillips Seymour Hoffman was my middle school chorus teacher’s cousin. Assumimg I haven’t changed any since I was 13, he may remember me…

Ronald McDonald. I’ve met him 3 times now. :slight_smile:

Last but not least, Rashad Wright. He’s not famous yet, but in <5 years, he’ll be big. When he is, I’ve already told him I’m inheriting a baby fortune, because I’ve supported him for so many years. I have his first autograph…

I don’t know about anyone else, but I find this supremely cool. Phil Jiminez is about as good as artists get. Ditto for Kurt Busiek and writers.

Me, I don’t know anyone famous.

After working in concert productions for 13 years, and meeting probably 100’s of celebrities, I can safely claim

Wynton and Branford Marsalis,
David Byrne (the ex-Talking Head)
Robert Wise (the movie director -anyone remember the original Star Trek, and the classic West Side Story?)

and a swedish actress : Helena Bergström

would definitely know me if they saw me on the street.

Good question btw.

I could list a bunch of famous Icelandic (and a couple of Chinese people), but I don’t think they would mean very much to the Doper community as a whole :frowning:

Lemme go file a class action suit against some famous people and I’ll egt back to ya’ll :smiley:

— G. Raven

i teach three famous people’s children. two of them are authors on nyt bestsellers, barbara kingsolver and i don’t know the other’s first name but last name is reitz. also, a famous artist with the last name wojtkowska. they all know me by sight, but (obviously) i have a hard time rembering their names (there are a LOT (like 200) more kids with parents, how am i supposed to remember all of their names? - ok, so these ones are famous…maybe i should try harder).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I think that about covers THAT. I don’t know if I want to know more, less, or Ginger’s current telephone number :wink:

Well, like Watermelon Man, my career puts me in front of famous faces. Sometimes no more than 3 feet away for hours. So, I’ll do this two ways. First, the people who would either do that " hey, I know your face, didn’t we work on XXX", and/or would remember my name. Then, just some folks I’ve worked with who probably wouldn’t remember me if their lives depended upon it.

Flash of recognition/name recollection Dan Rather, Ja-Rule (rapper), Sean “Puffy” Coombs, Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, John Saunders, Chris Berman-ABC Sports, Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller, some of the SNL cast whose name’s I CAN’T remember, Tim Roth, John Travolta, Peter Jennings, Bryant Gumbel, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, the wrestler called The Rock, Jennifer Lopez, Martha Stewart.

Just people I’ve met Shit man… Billy Joel, Christie Brinkley, Chuck Norris, President Clinton, Tina Turner, Gloria DeHaven ( that one’s for you, Eve:smiley: ), Evander Holyfield, Krista Yamaguchi, Steve Young, Jon Anderson of YES, Jon Lovitz, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Rosie O’Donnell, Ricki Lake, Matthew Broderick, Raquel Welch, Antonio Banderas,Gloria Steinem, Carly Simon, Macy Gray, Beach Boys, Barry Manilow, the B-52’s, Limp Bizkit, Leonardo DiCaprio, Patti Smith, etc.

But as Watermelon said, the career puts us in that position. Kinda gives you a zing though, when they recognize you back.

Cartooniverse

Celebrities that know me by name?

Hmmmm…does having my name on the restraining order count?

Cool. Bill was a senior at Hendrix College my freshman year there. Didn’t know him personally, but he was always a scream being the MC for talent shows and the like.

I had a class co-taught by Joe Heywood. Occasionally we bump into each other since we shop at the same bookstores. I think he’d be kinda tickled if I referred to him as “famous,” though.

Oh for you Sluggy Freelance fans out there, I’ve met Pete Abrams several times and personally goo-gooed at his daughter Leah.

One of my best friends is Rachel Singer. http://us.imdb.com/Name?Singer,+Rachel

She was Chloe in Fight Club, among other things. Is is a great person and a talented actress. Watch her movies!

sorry I don’t know how to work the link script!

~t

Garry Kasparov (I set up a chess scholarship to my School with him)

I also know Madonna’s husband’s chess coach very well.