How many celebrities know you by name?

Since I write science fiction and am an officer of SFWA, I’m well known in the world of science fiction writers.

*People who I’ve actually hung out with *
Esther Friesner, Hal Clement, Samuel R. Delany, Jane Yolen, George Zebrowski, Jack Dann, Nancy Kress, Melissa Scott, Rob Sawyer, Joan Vinge, Don Kingbury, Barry B. Longyear, Julius Schwartz, etc.

People I’ve met briefly
Terry Pratchett, Gene Wolfe, Pat Murphy, etc.

Those I’ve met online
Raymond F. Feist, Jerry Pournelle, Neil Gaiman, Lawrence Watt-Evans, Norman Spinrad, A. C. Crispin, Michael Kube-McDowell, Wil Wheaton, J. Michael Stryczynski, etc.

Those I’ve corresponded with
Orson Scott Card, Harlan Ellison, Kurt Busiak

Those who’d recognize my name if I introduced myself
Anyone in the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

If you’re a soap opera fan, my cousin Eden Riegel is “Bianca” on “All My Children.” If she didn’t recognize me on the street I’d give her hell. She is somewhat removed from the family, though, because her mother is an uber-stage-mom and rolling bitch.

Fielder Cook (he’s a director) might not recognize me by sight (assuming he’s even still alive) but if I told him I was Tom Riegel’s granddaughter he’d laugh delightedly.

No other famous people could care less whether I lived or died.

She’s good. Beautiful too.

How many celebrities would recognise me???

Ha ha ha ha ha… it is to laugh.

Sorry.

In the world of Canadian politics, my mom was fairly good friends with Ed Broadbent, former leader of the Canadian New Democratic Party, and our families sometimes got together… but that was when I was a kid and there’s little chance he’d recognise me now.

And through an acquaintance, I once met Nash the Slash. But he probably wouldn’t remember me either.

And I have a few friends who are well-known in their professional fields, I think, but since I know little of their fields I can’t say whether they’d count as ‘celebrities’, exactly.

So I’d have to say, no.