How many countries have you traveled to?

US, born & live in

Canada a few times in childhood

I’ve been all around the UK and Ireland on a regular basis these past 30 years.

Once or twice:

France
Belgium
The Netherlands
Germany
Switzerland
Italy
Austria
Spain
Norway
Czechoslovakia when it was one country
Russia, Estonia & Latvia when they were all part of the USSR
Iceland
Egypt

USA
Singapore
Malaysia
Thailand
Indonesia
Nepal
India
Peru
Bolivia
Ecuador
Columbia
Venezuela
Cambodia
Vietnam

(Have stayed overnight several times in Japan, and spent a day in Holland, but I don’t count them, as I don’t really feel like I ‘visited’ the country.)

Born and raised in New England, so Canada was the only foreign country I visited as a kid.

US (obviously)
Canada
Mexico
Bahamas
Cayman Islands (can I count this as the UK?)
Jamaica
France

Canada and Japan.

Not many. US, Canada, Bahamas, France and the UK.

1. US, Mexico, bit of Caribbean and central America, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, extensively in Europe, Egypt, Jordan, Malawi, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, India, Vietnam, Cambodia

Caveats:

• United Kingdom counted as one country, not three (I’ve never been to Northern Ireland)
  • Vatican City included
  • Malaysia and Panama not included, as I was just in transit and didn’t go through immigration

There’s a quiz show in the UK - Pointless - where contestants have to name obscure answers, like “name a country that is also an island”. The host always goes on to say “And by ‘country’ we mean a sovereign state that is a member of the UN in its own right”. By that definition I’ve only been to 42, because Vatican City doesn’t meet the UN criteria.

Not as many as most:
France
Germany
Switzerland

I was technically in Amsterdam but only in their Airport and I drove from France to Switzerland through Italy where we stopped for lunch so I guess I’ve been to Italy too.

Thanks, Little Nemo! I was about to forget the US! Make mine the same TWO!

Prior to college I’d been to quite a bit of the US but never out of the country. A semester abroad in college really inspired me to travel and I’ve averaged about one a year since then.

Canada
Mexico
Bahamas
BVI
Barbados
Belize
Honduras
Cayman Islands
Jamaica
Dominican Republic
Spain
France
England
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
Germany
Romania
Thailand
Australia
Fiji
New Zealand

It depends on what you count as a country. Here is my expansive list that includes distinct geopolitical entities, territories, and the like. I don’t remember where I got the master list from. Obviously, not all of these are sovereign nations. “B” indicates a birding focus, whether individually or with an organized tour. I lived in Switzerland the year I was 1; that was my only travel outside the US (or, really, at all) until I was 20-something and drove to Canada.

[ol]
[li]Antarctica (British Territory) B[/li][li]Antigua and Barbuda B[/li][li]Argentina B[/li][li]Aruba (Sort of its own thing, sort of Netherlands Antilles)[/li][li]Australia B[/li][li]Barbados B[/li][li]Belize B[/li][li]Botswana B[/li][li]Bulgaria[/li][li]Cambodia B[/li][li]Canada B[/li][li]Cayman Islands (British)[/li][li]Chile B[/li][li]China (PRC) B[/li][li]Colombia[/li][li]Costa Rica B[/li][li]Croatia[/li][li]Cuba B[/li][li]Czech Republic[/li][li]Denmark[/li][li]Dominica B[/li][li]Dominican Republic B[/li][li]Egypt[/li][li]England[/li][li]Estonia[/li][li]Falklands B[/li][li]Fiji B[/li][li]Finland[/li][li]France B[/li][li]Germany[/li][li]Greece[/li][li]Grenada B[/li][li]Honduras[/li][li]Hungary[/li][li]Iceland B[/li][li]India B[/li][li]Israel[/li][li]Italy B[/li][li]Jamaica[/li][li]Korea, South B[/li][li]Malta[/li][li]Mexico B[/li][li]Monaco[/li][li]Montenegro[/li][li]Netherlands[/li][li]New Caledonia B[/li][li]Norway[/li][li]Palestine[/li][li]Panama B[/li][li]Romania B[/li][li]Russia[/li][li]Saint Kitts and Nevis B[/li][li]Saint Lucia B[/li][li]San Marino[/li][li]Scotland B[/li][li]Serbia[/li][li] St. Martin (France)[/li][li]Sint Maarten B[/li][li]Slovakia[/li][li]Slovenia[/li][li]South Africa B[/li][li]Spain[/li][li]Sweden[/li][li]Switzerland[/li][li]Thailand B[/li][li]Trinidad and Tobago B[/li][li]Tunisia[/li][li]Turkey[/li][li]United States B[/li][li]United States Virgin Islands B[/li][li]Uruguay[/li][li]Vanuatu B[/li][li]Vatican City[/li][li]Vietnam B[/li][li]Wales[/li][/ol]

Planned in next few years, funds and circumstances permitting:
[LIST=75]
[li]Andorra B[/li][li]Belgium[/li][li]Ecuador B[/li][li]Ireland B[/li][li]Liechtenstein B[/li][li]Luxembourg[/li][li]Northern Ireland B[/li][li]Peru B[/li][li]Rapa Nui (Easter Island)[/li][li]French Polynesia [/LIST][/li][ul]
[li]Return to Switzerland (haven’t been back since I was 2) B[/li][/ul]

Have always lived “east of the pond” – never visited the Western Hemisphere, and to my regret, not likely to now (retired, on a small pension).

Countries which I have been to, could be reckoned at a variety of numbers, depending on how strict or generous the criteria applied: by my figuring – strictest, 20; most generous, 28.

“For-sure” ones:

UK (my own country)
Irish Republic
France
Spain
Belgium
Netherlands
Luxembourg
Denmark
Germany (both East and West thereof, both before and after reunification)
Czech Republic
Slovakia (both this country, and Czech Rep., both before and after Czechoslovakia split into those two)
Austria
Hungary
Romania
Poland
India
People’s Republic of China
Zimbabwe
Botswana

“Not-so-sure”

Yugoslavia, before it broke up only – in course of which travels I visited Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia.

Sweden (spent about 4 hours in the country, as part of a “mini-cruise” from England to Goteborg and back – primary objective the sail, more than seeing Sweden).

Ukraine (spent about an hour in the country, as part of a Poland-to-Poland train journey whose route ran through a corner of the then-Soviet Ukraine).

Tajikistan (in course of a flight London – New Delhi by Tajik Air, spent an hour or so landed at Dushanbe airport – no opportunity to get out of the plane).

Wow, I managed to forget Australia and New Zealand. Bad Telemark, no dessert.

Or at least, no Marmite.

Almost one. When I was very young, we took the ferry to Victoria Island, Canada, and took a bus tour. This was a little side trip. The main trip was going to the Seattle World’s Fair.

Then at about age ten I went on a trip with my grandparents, and somehow looped through a bit of Canada. In that case, we never even got out of the truck.

I’m not sure either counts as “traveling to” Canada, but I have technically been on Canadian soil. Or asphalt.

Vegemite, lass, Vegemite. I actually have some in the house. And it’s disgusting.

US
Canada
Dominican Republic
Bahamas

Ireland
UK
Spain
Andorra
Gibraltar
France
Netherlands
Belgium
Luxembourg
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
Italy
San Marino
Slovenia
Croatia
Serbia
Romania
Hungry
Austria
Latvia
Lithuania
Denmark
Russia
Germany

With the exceptions of Belgium, Liechtenstein, and San Marino, I’ve slept in all the rest. I’ve gone through and had a meal in the other three, all by motorcycle. Not sure if I should include Poland or not as I’ve only been in the train station as I needed to get off the train to eat.

I wasn’t sure if Vegemite was also available in NZ, so I chose Marmite as a pan-British concoction. You are, of course, more specific and correct.

I’ve been to the USA, the Czech Republic, Austria, and Italy. I was also in Germany for an afternoon. And I’ve been to the airport in France, but nowhere else in that country.

So if you’re generous, you can say I’ve been to 6 countries other than my own. 5 if you don’t count France.

I love travelling, but for various reasons, I don’t get to do a lot of it.

I believe it is, but the Kiwis I’ve met have all been pretty proud of their version of Marmite, which is supposed to be a little bit different recipe than the UK concoction (and made by a different company, and it comes in a red jar. I haven’t had the New Zealand version yet, but would love to try (loving all things yeast extract.)

Canada, New Zealand, Singapore.

Singapore sucked. Couldn’t wait to get out of that place.