How many here have admin status that we can't see?

Okay, I know that TubaDiva is a mod…and Lynn, and Ed, and Arnold W…

…but who are the admins that aren’t on the list? Just curious; I saw a sticky not too long ago that an admin wrote that said the SDMB would be down for a day or so and was surprised to see it was an admin. Which was weird considering it was a member I’d never seen or heard of before. Seems that you guys have tech mods and admins here too.
So who are they? Or, if you don’t/can’t tell us all the people who aren’t on the list yet are admins on here, how many are there, at least?

Again, just curious. :slight_smile:

Are you talking about jdavis? This is Jerry, the tech guy. He’s an administrator because he’s administering the technical side of the board. No, you don’t see him here often. I don’t think there are other “hidden” administrators.

Well, what’s the point of being a hidden mod if everybody knows who you are? :rolleyes:

There are no hidden administrators or moderators, for that matter, unless you count the people at the Reader who have admin privileges here.

your humble TubaDiva

What about ol’ Cecil? Sure, it says “perfect master” under his name, but surely that’s more than a mere label. I mean, how could he not have broad executive powers and the ability to change the status of ordinary admins to “hired lackey”? :smiley:

I believe that Cecil does have administrative powers, but that’s mostly a courtesy. Anything that actually needs to be done on the Board, he generally delegates to Ed. If it even goes that high, of course: Even Ed usually only steps in on matters of high significance.

There used to be a number of rarely-seen Reader employees with admin privelidges and title, but I don’t know if they’re still around.