How Many Pills Do You Take Each Day?

I’ll take something for allergies but I only have a couple months out of the year where they act up.

Outside of that, I’ll sometimes have an asprin or something (3-4 times a year)

None.

21 out of 28 days:
Multibionta - probiotic multivitamin
Yasmin- birth control
Fibogel- isphagula husk things to increase my daily fibre intake.

The other 7 days when I skip the birth control:
Nurofen Plus- codeine plus ibuprofen, for pain, 2 tablets every 4 hours (if I don’t wake to take them during the night, the pain will wake me)
Metoclopramide - anti emetic, 1 pill three times a day
Evening primrose oil- three capsules
Dandelion tea- which is a mild herbal diuretic, as much as possible

Whenever I feel the need (usually every couple of months):
Echinacea
Allergy medication
Salbutamol inhaler

If you haven’t got a doctor because you don’t have insurance, that’s perfectly understandable; it’s the position I was in for a couple of years. But if you’re just talking about the price of the meds, generic Vicodin (hydrocodone) is cheap.

i took allergy pills daily, for severe dust, animal dander, and seasonal allergies, from the age of 10 until four years ago - at which point, after accidently being without access to said allergy pills for two weeks, i found that i didn’t need them anymore. which was a huge relief, because for at least a decade, i really, really did need to take those pillls daily.

i’ve now taken nothing but the occassional advil, for severe headaches or muscle pain, in over three years.

i get enough vitamins (and always have) from my diet. don’t need pills for that. and i currently have no diseases or anyhting that require medication.

I am taking only the most important medications I am supposed to be on because 1: doctors on the island won’t prescribe anything for pain, ever. For pain meds I have to travel to Anchorage (400 mile round trip by plane) which is expensive and really out of the question due to pain issues and the lack of any responsible person to care for my kids/home while I am gone, and 2: no medical coverage at this time whatsoever, and some of my non-pain meds are absurdly expensive.

Glucophage 1 2x daily
Glucotrol 1 2x daily
lisinopril 1x daily
Plendil 1x daily
Atarax 1 every 4 hours
Soma 1-2 3-4x daily
Zoloft 1x daily
Xanax 1 1/2 4x daily
ibuprophen 4-6 3-4x daily
vitamins 1x daily
benedryl 4 up to 4x daily as needed when allergies flare
imodium when my IBS becomes out of control
I also suck on my albuterol inhaler a couple/three times a day

What I am not taking, although I should be:

Neurontin
pain meds (hydrocodone would be dandy with me, if I could get it, don’t really need the big guns they jad me on for a while)
methotrexate
Guaifenesin
Singulair
and some others I can’t recall at the moment
So, generally about 40 pills a day. I call each pill swallowing a “meal”!

(I hate taking pills, I hate being sick, I want my old life back!)

Zero.

But, do they make a pill for when a thread makes you sick. . .because this thread is having that effect on me.

Why? It’s not as if we take these pills for fun. The vitamins may be optional, but most of us need our meds to function.

I guess if I really wanted to, I could stop taking all of my meds, but then I’d have to stay sedentary all day, quit my job and go on disability. Of course, it probably wouldn’t be for long, because without my heart meds, I’d probably die. Would that be better?

Ritalin (generic), for ADHD
Paxil (again, generic) for obsessive-compulsive disorder

between 2 and 6 - over the counter allergy/sinus junk.

Most days, it’s just my prenatal vitamin (when I can remember to take it…I’m getting better about it… :smack: ). Sometimes I add a Tylenol for my hormone headaches, and in the past day, I’ve just added some Tums chewables for some pretty hideous heartburn.

kaiwik, isn’t guaifenesin available over the counter? Here it seems to be the major ingredient in a lot of cough syrups, including those for kids.

None.
I feel very lucky.

Let’s see…
AM
2 Lisinopril-HCTZ for blood pressure and water retention
1 Lasix for water retention caused by Geodon
1 Carbamazepine for mood control (soon to be changed, hopefully)
1 Aspirin because I’m paranoid of heart attack, stroke, whatever

PM
1 80 mg capsule of Geodon for Bipolar II Disorder (I don’t think it’s working…)
2 Carbamazepine
2 Theophylline to ward off night wheezies
2 diphenhydramine for allergies

Rarely
Albuterol inhaler
Darvocet
Muscle relaxant (carba-something)

Ghanima- can you function out in the world on Klonopin or does it knock you out?

For the most part, I don’t believe that one bit.

Atenonol 100mg
Lisinopril 40mg?
HCTZ 25mg?
Zoloft 75mg

I take them all before bed for my blood pressure. I may have the 40 and the 25 reversed

Normally

Multivitamin
Magnesium citrate
zinc
chromium
B-100 complex
vitamin C
odorless garlic
betaine

But i’ve added a few like rhodiola and bacopa as of late.

Yeah, you can even get pure guaifenesin syrup without any cough suppressants at most stores. I think guaifenesin tablets are still prescription though. At least they were. OTC Mucinex is 600mg guaifenesin tablets.

Before I allow myself to react to this as strongly as I feel it warrants, I’ll ask you to explain this remark.

Do you honestly believe we’re taking heart medication, psychotropic drugs, asthma medication, and anti-ulcer drugs, etc. for the hell of it? Do you think our doctors just randomly selected pills to give us?

I know I’d sure as fuck rather be spending my prescription money on other things, and if I wanted drugs for recreational purposes, I wouldn’t be taking the ones I’m currently precribed.

Trunk, you may have a point, but it is mighty rude of you to come into an IMHO thread and call people liars.

Saying you are made sick by this thread is one thing.
Saying you don’t think people should be taking all those pills is one thing.
Saying flat out “I don’t believe you” is very rude.

Anyway, albeitly reluctantly (I don’t like pills either), I take:

Multivitamin
Calcium Pill

And that’s about it. I’m thankful I don’t have anything that requires me to take more pills.