How many resolutions have you broken already in the MMP?

Being more middle of the road, I’ve gone through that shock from folks who have moved to both extremes. One old friend went the Extreme Fundi route (the earth is 4,xxx years old crowd) and now volunteers with the Ark Project, another has gone the straight-ticket-voting-Democrat route. I just hope both get better some day.

So if your resolution was not to be predictable, you’ve blown it. Other than that I wouldn’t worry much.

I resolved to start walking every day, but I did it on my birthday,December 12th, not the first. My daughters and I walked every day until about a week ago when it started raining and now it’s so cold nobody wants to go. Including me. I was really enjoying it though so I’m hoping when the temps get back out of the 20s-30s we’ll be out there again. Maybe. :slight_smile:

No resolutions for this girl! That would be folly. I’d like to find some ways to mend my mood, though, just as a Generally Helpful Thing. Already doing exercise. Maybe keep a gratitude journal? Eight pounds of uncut cocaine? I dunno.

This cold, gloomy weather is NOT helping matters. :frowning:

Howdy Y’all! It’s N.O.L. time. Havin’ a ham ‘n cheese sammich and some N.O.T. chips. Chili and cornbread for dindin tonight cause it’s coolish out and I got me a gnawin’ and a cravin’ for chili and cornbread.

{{{Soapy}}} come back and play more this year, ok?

Trying to lose weight- not so much as a NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION but because after the indulgence of the holidays it’s a great time of year to do it. My weight loss app tells me if I stick to my daily calorie limit I’ll reach my target weight by June 8, just in time for shirt-free beach weather.

Also doing a dry January, partly to cut out extra empty alcohol carb calories per my above goal, partly to give things a rest after a little too much holiday celebration. Did a dry January last year, so I’m attempting to start a little tradition. :slight_smile:

Decidedly NOT a resolution, but I just got back from a session with a personal trainer to set up a doctor ordered exercise regimen to replace muscle mass I’ve lost with my grumpy liver. She was mildly cute, in case the MMP horndawgs want to know.

The major test will be if I can haul my considerable ass outta bed at 0400 to work out before heading to the orifice.

… Forgot it was how many resolutions have you BROKEN, not MADE. Haven’t broken mine…yet.

bobbio, I have never been motivated to haul my fat ass out of bed early enough to exercise before irk. If I go after irk, but before the bra comes off, I can manage one or two nights a week.

Got to irk today to find my cube decorated for my birthday. I’m still picking confetti out of the crevices. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about less delusional then? :o

I’ll keep this SFW by only saying that’s not what one usually gets a hooker for.

The appropriate time of year for resolutions is either around Labor Day, when summer ends, school starts, & the days get shorter/colder or in the spring when it’s nice enough/light enough to get back outside again. I don’t do them in the middle of winter just because of an arbitrary calendar change; those kind never last.

Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate.

Got it? :wink:

To address the topic, I quit making resolutions a number of years ago. At least for New Year’s.

I normally leave the ‘lose weight’ plan til spring- the extra insulation is kinda handy in winter :smiley:

The clear-out didn’t ger very far I sorted the wardrobe, and put some stuff in bags ready to take to either the recycling place or a charity shop, but then I remembered I needed to go to the bank before the beekeeping group cashed the membership cheque and cleared that account out. There’s loads of stuff that needs washing as well, so, as we have no dryer, it may take a while. I think I may go while hawg, and get a new curtain and duvet cover; it’s looking tired and dull in here.

Juggling club tonight! It’s a bit warmer today- last session, it was too cold to hold the clubs (or throw 'em, smartypants) without getting chilly fingers.

When thieves fall out.

:slight_smile:

I used to make a resolution not to make any resolutions, but by making that resolution, I’d broken it.

My yarn has been delivered. It looks as if the box was drop-kicked from the truck to the porch. My FB friends can see pics there.

Oh yeah, and they didn’t ring the doorbell again. I found out it was here from the website.

Nonetheless, it is an excellent concept.

Laundry is done, heading off to work in a couple.

See if I help you with the sharktapult anymore.

Run out of orphanages to close?:rolleyes:

I wonder if Facebook messaging is broken sometimes. Come on. Why don’t people answer their damn messages. I’m sure it’s because they’re busy and/or away from Facebook or the computer and not because they hate me, but for some reason, my disordered delusional brain wants to believe the latter.

No, Republicans do that, I’m a Democrat.
:slight_smile:

Are you sure your doorbell is working?

Would be nice if the recipient of a drop-kicked package could find the delivery driver and treat him/her as the package was treated.