How many times a week do you guys eat spaghetti?

I make spaghetti probably once a month and it’ll last about 3 or 4 days.

8 sub sandwiches a week, 16 burritos a week, 18 pieces of chicken a week, 21 bowls of cereal a week.

But spaghetti? About once a month.

21 bowls of cereal? Or is that for your entire family (including the others)?

If by “spaghetti” you mean “pasta”, then probably two or three times a week. My husband loves pasta, and is happy with red sauce over vermicelli, or lasagna, or shells, or manicotti.

I make red sauce with a little bit of hamburger meat and a lot of chopped onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic, and then open a jar of marinara sauce on them after they’re cooked. I freeze the leftover sauce in single serving portions, in freezer bags. My husband likes pasta much more than I do, so sometimes he’ll boil some pasta and nuke the sauce, while I have a turkey sandwich.

I like spaghetti a lot, but I can’t recall when I last had any.

Spaghetti… dunnow, it has to be in a restaurant. Pasta, several times a week: if I’m making my own meals, 5 or 6 of the “mains” in a given week will be either pasta or rice. I often have vegetables mixed with the pasta or rice; for some reason, this is (at least locally) seen as “pasta with vegetables”, whereas having the carbs be potatoes would be described as “vegetables with potatoes”.

Maybe once a month to month and a half?

I could eat spaghetti w/meatballs or hot sausage for days :slight_smile: Ditto spaghetti with olive oil, lemon, and Parmesan. Like somebody upthread said, pasta = crack to me.

Unfortunately Mr. Kiz doesn’t share my sentiments. He cannot stomach tomatoes because of the acid (doesn’t matter how much I sweeten them). I make a killer summer pasta salad with veggies galore, but I don’t make it very often because Mr. Kiz doesn’t like pasta salad. He’ll eat plain pasta with the olive oil/lemon/Parmesan, but not very often.

(Yep, I know I could make these for myself and he be damned, but it’s only the 2 of us and I’d be eating the whole thing myself for a week. Um, no thanks.)

I think, with him, it’s more of a texture thing. He won’t touch mac and cheese because it’s too “soft” for him. I won’t touch it because it’s too cheesy for me. I prefer pasta (fusilli, ziti) to spaghetti or linguine because there’s more “bite” to it. He doesn’t like that “bite” factor and can’t understand why I can’t make my pasta salad using regular spaghetti. The whole nooks-and-crannies-to-hide-the-good-stuff philsophy is entirely lost on him.

Since I’m the only one with a say in my meals now, never. I’m not a fan of pasta and only make it if it’s really important to someone else.

My husband eats it probably once a week. Me, only when I make my own sauce, and then it’s maybe once every three to four weeks.

I could very easily eat half a box of pasta with a little olive oil or butter, lightly seasoned, and fresh grated parmesan cheese every night without fail. That really screws with my daily calorie allotment, though, so I manage to keep it down to once or twice a month.

I don’t know why they call it Hamburger Helper. It does just fine by itself!

Thank you, Drain Bead, for helping me discover another use for the monster zucchini that always hide under the leaves in our garden. Now I’m off to try both zucchini spaghetti and zucchini fettuccine! Never thought of that before!:smiley:

Zero. Spaghetti isn’t even really a pasta, it’s an Italian prank designed to make Americans get sauce all over themselves!

I have spaghetti, strictly defined, maybe twice a year and other types of pasta maybe once or twice a month. I’m not a big fan of pasta, since it’s high in calories but has virtually no flavor and has a texture I generally find unappetizing. I especially dislike long-stranded types of pasta (spaghetti, vermicelli, fettuccini, etc) because they’re messy and inconvenient to eat. Occasionally I get the mood for pasta salad or homemade macaroni and cheese or pasta with Alfredo sauce. I generally use rotini or rotelle.