How many times in an hour can you show the same fucking commercial?

jesus christ. I’m watching the Pats game and I’ve seen that Mary J. Blige iTunes commerical AT LEAST 6 times this hour if not more. Over the course of this game I think I’ve seen it AT LEAST 20 times.

Enough already. Fuckin A!

Probably a good job you don’t have British Sky TV. You’ll see the same advert for the same program EVERY. SINGLE. AD. BREAK. EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM. ALL DAY. ALL WEEK.

Currently it’s an ad for That seventies show. I only tolerate it because it has Mila Kunis being cute in it.

Yeah but what if you’re car was unavailable because you had an accident, and you had to hitch a ride on a garbage truck, a cement truck and then a cop on a horse?

I do get BBC America and when I used to watch it regularly (few months ago) the showed the commercial for some hotel drama, I think it was called Hotel Babylon maybe? They showed that motherfucker at every break. No mater what time of day it was. I don’t know that they ever stopped showing it because I quit watching BBCA while it was still running regularly.

I want bad things to happen to John Basedow.

Yeah. That one was on alot, but no where NEAR the number of times that the itunes commercial was on.

The only other commercial in recent memory that was as saturated as this was the McD Monopoly one with the dad sending his family out on different routes to McD and then they worship the hag who apparently won the $1M in the past. God I hated that fucking commercial.

OMG, how many times during the last football season did we hear Peyton Manning say “they’re saying mooooovers?” I would say at least a million.

I remember one time watching Korean TV, I saw this commercial seven times in one commercial break. Average was maybe 2-3 times per break for the entire program. I gather this is not unusual for Asian television.

No, the worst is the Dr Pepper commercial that aired Every. Single. Break. During. My. Thanks. Giving. Foot. Ball.

I do not like the lineman who has scored his first touchdown for the brazillionth time. His Dr Pepper fueled 8 minute touchdown celebration causes me to dive for the remote. If I was a ref, the other team would get 80 yards tacked onto their next drive, and your TD would be called back. Ticky tack calls can be a major pain.

Though I’m a Texan, and occasionally enjoy a DP, these ads cause me to plot attacks on Dublin, Waco, and the Plano headquarters. They’ve increased my brand recognition, and I’m not paying for it until that spot stops.

If only he would overrotate and hit his head when he jumps from the crossbar…

How about that Beyonce faux-music-video? The dancing in that thing is so fucking ridiculous, not to mention her dress that looks like the Army of the Nipple Ring Revolt.

…but, but fitness celebrity John Basedow?! Everyone loves him. He’s a celebrity. And not just any celebrity. A fitness one. Watch out, he could be the next governor of California. And then who’s to stop his run for presidency-- none of that being born in a different country to hold him back!

Hoo, boy. I fucking hate this one. DP is perhaps the greatest soft drink in the world, but their ads suck. Especially this one. As well as the diet one with people drinking cake, donuts, and pie.

Can we say “obvious cash grab?” What a shill. Word to the fact that it might be the worst use of a celeb in an ad in the last ten minutes.

When I saw the title of this thread, I knew it would be about that commercial! Last night during the Fox line-up, it played at every commercial break. I had to mute the tv after a while.

Og bless the DVR.

Allstate. Yes, we know you care and want to forgive us for having accidents. (how many hail marys is a fender bender anyway?) But you don’t have to remind us 4 times in a row.

On the other hand, they are more than welcome to play Dolce and Gabanna commercials on heavy rotation. Mostly if it’s the version with the two male models kissing at the end…good grief that is hot!

You mean besides the tsunami?

The one currently making me crazy is for one of those “male enhancement” frauds. No, not Bob, who himself is simply profoundly irritating. Not only is it on in every commercial break but the logic of the copy is so blatantly wrong that it makes me want to scream. The product must work, it claims, otherwise we wouldn’t have sold so many of them. Gaah!

I knew this would relate to sports before I opened the thread. Maybe it’s just because the events are long, but commercials during games are unbearably repetitive.

Personally, I’m going nuts because of the Carol of the Bells. I like the song, but I’ve seen it used in four or five commercials in the last week, some of which are running in very heavy rotation. This isn’t good for my sanity at all.

Hey, just be happy we’re not still in the one OcTOber!

(BTW, Did you know Frank TV debuts on November 20th on (Very Funny) TBS? Right here in ARRRRR COUNTRAAAAAAY.)

Those are annoying, but it’s the casual sexism of the “male enhancement” euphemism that bugged me.

Give a give a give a Garmin give a give a give a Garmin give a give a go to the mall and shoot people………