How much did you pay for your divorce?

I paid about $35.00 for the do-it-yourself dissolution kit.We agreed on Custody, division of property, etc. The ex dickhead paid about $300 for filing fees for the courthouse.

Money well spent.

I didn’t pay anything. My ex had a lawyer she new draw up the paperwork and I just signed off. (No alimony or anything, just a split.) She later tried to get me to pay her $300 claiming that was what it cost her, but I figured the time I put into trying to keep the marriage together while she was sleeping around was worth a lot more than that so I didn’t do it. That was the last I ever heard from her and that’s fine by me.

About $400, but at the time I was so poor it might as well have been $40,000.

I paid for the lawyer to mediate, and the nominal court filing fee. We were married about 2.5 years, no kids, no joint property. We split our credit card debt 50/50, and divvied up the CD collection. He got the cat, which is the worst thing that I let happen.

I saw the thread

“Ask the guy who used to frequent whores”

Reading this thread makes me think that at least when he’d completed the transaction, it was all over, excepting the antibiotics I guess.

Some marriages seem to be sex up front with instalments for he rest of your natural.(not always “easy terms” either)

Mom always told me, never buy anything on tick, you always pay many times over, save your money and pay up front!!

My divorce was free to me. My ex paided the court costs and a lawyer and I don’t even know how much they were.

We had already agreed to everything. I just had to sign a piece of paper and he did the rest.

He was trying to show me that if I really wanted a divorce then he would make sure that I got one hoping that I would want him back when I saw how good he was at taking care of things for me. It didn’t work out quite like he thought it would. :slight_smile:

about 2500, would of been less probably but the lawyer was happy to go for some vengance for me.

Mine was riduculously expensive, considering the above posts.

We were married 5 years, uncontested, no children, we split checking and IRA’s evenly, and he signed our home to me, since I was paying the bills. The lawyer didn’t do the property settlement, we did. I got my car, he got his, when and if I sell the house, we will decide how to split the profits at that point. Right now it’s just mine. We trust each other to do the right thing. We still have a joint Discover card, if one of us uses it, we pay the amount of use at Sears, and that is the end of it. The divorce was last March. The cost was $850. I think that’s insane, because we used the same lawyer and didn’t argue at all. He does want the digital camera, but I had a trip planned and kept it, he hasn’t asked for it since, but I’d give it to him. He was very good to me for 5 years, and most divorced people are put through hell by their former spouse. So, he is at least worth a camera and anything else he wants. Besides, material posessions don’t really matter, especially now.

My ex-wife made me a “gift” of it for free. :rolleyes:

So should I be bummed that she divorced me, or glad that it didn’t cost me a penny?

Mine cost about $400.

The amazing thing was that it was paid for in pennies. Yes pennies. I broke my piggybank to pay the lawyer on my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

End of story. New chapter in life.

My ex-wife didn’t pay anything for hers (at least the one I was involved in). I paid about $200, but assumed all of our/her debt, because I didn’t trust her to pay it off, and my name was associated with it. I got the 300ZX, she got the Bronco II, I kept my cat, she her dog.

The odometer will turn to five figures when I write the next check.

In the words of Grouch Marx, “Next time, I’m just going to find a woman who hates my guts and give her my house. It’ll cut out the middleman.”

Lets see I paid 250 for court costs, of which I was told I would have to pay my wife as well. I almost had to pay for her laywer as well, and never got a good answer out of him as to why. Our papers did say that anyone that balks on the seperation agreement would have to pay for the others costs above and beyond normal costs, I was supposed to get 28K for the house after 6 months. She never gave me the money on time so I filed. Her laywer came back and said no you have to pay for her fees because she needed to come to me?

I got out of that one but ended up loosing a house, 100K in life savings and she laughed at me when I left the court. At least I didn’t have the crooked laywer who lied in court.

Why does the men always get the cat?

When Mrs. Kunilou and I got engaged, she was working part-time for a law firm. As a wedding present, her bosses gave her a fully filled out set of divorce papers. All she has to do is sign them, date them and pay the filing fee.

We’ve been married 22 years and she still has the forms. I continue to be offended.