How much do you spend a month on alcohol and tobacco

According to a “quit smoking” counter I downloaded when I quit, I have now saved $3047.61 I would have spent on cigs. That’s breathtaking!

Unfortunately, the CubHusband still spends $15 a week on tobacco and maybe $5 a week on booze. It’s hard to say because it’s pretty irregular; he may go weeks but then he’s out and wants to spend $30 on Maker’s Mark and while he’s there, what about the Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel???

Tobacco: $0
Alcohol: Probably about $50 max. I’m in a wine club that runs about $25 for two bottles of wine, including shipping, and the rest is for the occasional drink out.

Tobacco = $0.00

Alcohol, on the other hand…

Beer - =/- $60.00
Bourbon - $48 Luckily our favorite bourbon is cheap(Old Weller Antique)
Scotch - $47 or so…we go through about one bottle of good single-malt a month in the winter, but don’t drink it at all during the summer, so I guess it would average about $47.
Wine - $100 or so. “Wine-of-the-month,” Trader Joe’s, and wine while dining out.

So $250 a month sounds about right.

OK, we’re coming completely different viewpoints here. That’s cool. I find almost all “coolers” too sweet especially daiquiris. When I’m drinking those, I find I’d rather have the taste of alcohol, then the sweetness of the sugar that is trying to mask the alcohol.

Well, nowadays it’s $0 on both counts (never smoked, quit drinking a year ago). Before that, it was about $15/week if I was just having a beer at home or at work, and up to $200/week if I was going out (bars here can get pricey). I didn’t go out drinking all that often.

Of course, you said monthly, so adjust my figures to between $60 and $500 depending on who’s in town.

I guess we probably spend about $200 a month for booze. We don’t smoke.

Hubby drinks beer and I like vodka. We drink a couple of bottles of wine a month. Plus, drinks when we go out. I guess it adds up.

I would say CubHubby earned it for going without for so long. Let CubHubby drink what CubHubby wants to drink. One can do worse than Maker’s Mark and Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel. He’s a man of impeccible taste. :wink:

Don’t drink, don’t smoke? What do you do? :wink:
$0 on both for me.

Tobacco: 4 cartons a month @ $30.00ea = $120

I don’t drink alcohol, instead I drink a 12 pack of root beer or Dr. Pepper a day @ $2.00 x 30 = $60

Total $180 per month - a small price to pay for sanity :smiley:

$0 and $0 for me, too. I’m boring. And broke.

StG

I play D&D. About $35 a month.

that’s one (1) book, by the way.

My husband and I both smoke, so we spend $300/mo. on tobacco. He doesn’t drink, but I’ll spend anywhere from $0 to $20 per week if it’s just me or maybe a friend. If I go out, that’s a whole 'nuther story. The total can run into triple digits if I start buying rounds for everyone.

Don’t drink. Don’t smoke.

$0.00

Haj

Drinkin’: I guess it’d average $5 or $10.
Smokin’: Zip, nada, nothin’.
Internet Addiction (also known as DSL): $50.

How much did he pay you to say this??? How did he find you???
Seriously, he wants me to print this out and frame it for his home office/drinking room.

Tabaccy - Nada. Tried one when I was 6, got sick, never tried again.
Booze - Between my Guinness, wine coolers, and my wee nip o’ rum or Baileys, I spend about $20-25 per month.

Except this month. Ran out of rum, Baileys, rum and Schnapps at the same time. Also needed banana liquor for Bananas Foster. That was a $60 booze run.

I felt better about it after the woman in front of me spent $750. :eek:

Tried to get invited to her party, but no luck. :smiley:

And on preview, you can see I like my rum…

Tabacco: $0, as neither of us smokes

Alcohol:
[ul]
[li]Wine of the month club, $40[/li][li]Wine purchased at stores, $10-$20[/li][li]Beer, $40-$60[/li][li]Hard alcohol, $10-$50, depends on what we’re out of and what we buy, Suburban Plankton drinks very good Scotch[/li][li]Bar/Restaurant purchases, $40-$100, depends on where we go and how often[/li][/ul]

Total: $150-$270 or so, much more during the holidays

Wow, there are a lot of non-smoking teetotalers out there.

I’m one more of them.

Tobacco = $0

Alcohol = Probably anywhere from $40-60, depending on how much I go out. (Come to think of it, given my general budget and standard of living, that is a lot. Yow)