How often are adults supposed to get Covid booster shots?

That’s not what it says:
CDC recommends one updated (bivalent) booster dose:

• For everyone aged 5 years and older if it has been at least 2 months since your last dose**.**

The recommend one booster dose at least two months after your last non-Bivalent shot, not a dose every 2 months.

The CDC page is clear as mud to me:

CDC recommends one updated (bivalent) booster dose:

• For everyone aged 5 years and older if it has been at least 2 months since your last dose**.**
  • For children aged 6 months4 years who completed the Moderna primary series and if it has been at least 2 months since their last dose.

Last dose? Of bivalent booster or original vaccine?

Yeah, I am certain they MEANT you need to get the bivalent booster once, but that may not be what they wrote.

Have to agree that that needed to be written much more clearly than it was.

Yeah. Because it sounds like they’re recommending boosters every 2 months.

I’m glad I am not the only one that struggled with the wording on the CDC website. That confusion is what prompted my original posting of the question.

Costco pharmacist said one booster a year unless a new formula comes out. He also said that recommendation could change any second.

Mass General Hospital is doing a study on this. If you’re healthy, once a year. If you’re immunocomprpmised, 4-6 months. The study is ongoing so its recommendations will change over time as new variants appear and they get new data.