How often does Google index this site?

Four minutes ago someone replied to a thread I’m subscribed to. I googled something related to the thread - and found that very reply among the search results.

What the hell? Does Google really crawl every thread on this site that often?

yes

Makes sense. This site is very old and very well linked to. It’s probably been flagged for constant update.

In really poorly populated boards that show lists of everyone currently viewing the forum/thread at the bottom, you’ll basically never see a page without a few “anonymous” viewers that are really web-crawlers of various companies (some of the boards even recognize and tag them as things like web-spider).

Bah. Anonymous viewing? Give it ten years and I bet Googlebot will be actively answering all the GQs here. Fifteen and it’ll be having Great Debates with iBingazonhoo.

I just googled “Four minutes ago someone replied to a thread I’m subscribed to. I googled something related to the thread - and found that very reply among the search results.” and got this thread.

So, frequently.

I like this.

Heh. I just Googled, “I just googled “Four minutes ago someone replied to a thread I’m subscribed to. I googled something related to the thread - and found that very reply among the search results.” and got this thread.” And yes, I got leahcim’s post!

Since this is a question about our Board, I’ve moved it to ATMB.

samclem, moderator

Every time somebody asks about a song and provides lyrics, I search on the lyrics and that very thread comes up at about number three in the results, mere minutes after it was created. I have learned not to get excited and erroneously think “Ooh, somebody else asked this question, I bet it has the answer in this thread” because I just end up in a loop.