How stupid are you?

So tonght I am staring at the Amazon logo while waiting for the rest of the page to load on a slow connection and for the first time in ever realize that the curved arrow under the word points “from a to z.”

Anyone willing to admit to similar idiocies?

For decades I never realized that the “n” in 7 Eleven is written in lower case while the rest are in upper case.

It was 20 years before it dawned on me why ABBA is called ABBA.

(A band called “Daddy” doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. :slight_smile: )

(Unless you’re Sylvia Plath, maybe…)

Watching Alan Sugar’s car (AMS1, his intitials) in the opening to The Apprentice UK for years, it still never occured to me for years why his company was called Amstrad :smack:

I thought maybe it hadn’t always been that way, so I looked it up, and discovered that the lettering has apparently been remarkably consistent even in the details, since 1969. I find that almost hard to believe, but there it is.

We’ve had an argument around here about Pork-n-beans. I say the ‘n’ is for ‘and’. Mr.Wrekker says the ‘n’ stands for ‘in’. Being there is negligible pork in the beans, I protest. There are usually 2 or 3 tiny cubes of pork and the beans in the can. So I win.

When I bought a blood-sugar test monitor device, I thought you are supposed to stick the bloodied end of the test strip into the machine.

i was 45 yrs old before I realized that ‘cigarette’ was a shortening for ‘cigar’. D’oh.

I’m stupid in lots of other ways too though, :smiley:

I’m entry-level stupid.

And this thread is just another way that the SD’ers show us how smart they are…by admitting how DUMB they are.

Carry on :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw this thread title on the front page and I knew I had to say something. Isn’t that enough?

Just last year my daughter pointed out to me that in the middle of the Tostitos logo/name there are two people dipping a chip into a bowl of salsa.

It also forms a smile. As in happy to get my stuff.

I once honestly answered the question “Do these pants make my butt look big?”

I’ve lived in the UK for most of my life. Last year, I suddenly noticed the face in the National Lottery logo. I mean, it has changed a few times, but there’s always been a face in there, I just never saw it.

I mean, it’s not as though I play it, I think I have once, but the logo’s everywhere here and I did even work in a shop selling tickets for a while…

It was a very long time before I realised the mask the killer uses in the Scream movies is based on Munch’s The Scream.

It was many years before I realized the Ramones weren’t an actual family like the Cowsills.

I was mispronouncing “Malachi Throne” for 40 years.

About two years ago someone pointed out to me that there is an arrow by the gas tank indicator showing the side of the care the gas tank is on. I have no idea how long this has been a thing, but I never noticed it util it was pointed out to me.