How the hell did this get in my desk?

I just found a $2 Canadian coin in my desk. I haven’t been to Canada in over 5 years. I don’t share the desk with anyone. It wasn’t there the last time I cleaned it out. Our factory is in Canada but I am not.

So, how the hell did this coin get in my desk?

Maybe it was the toothfairy, eh?

Yeah, you missing any teeth?

What year is on the coin?

I, uh, don’t wear any pajamas so imagine my surprise when, getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, a quarter fell off me and landed on the bathroom floor while I was standing there.

I found out later my SO had cleaned out his pockets before making the bed and probably lost a quarter on the sheets, which then stuck to me, and then fell to the floor when I got up. (Another reason mom was right when she said not to put money in your mouth, you don’t know where it has been!)

Maybe the $2 got stuck to the bottom of a stack of papers or notebook?

Then again, maybe money really does grow on (Canadian) trees and your desk just bore fruit?

I put it there. Sorry, was a harmless practical joke. :slight_smile:

The toothfairy is pretty cheap if she’s leaving $2 Canadian in my desk (I’m not insulting Canada. I like Canada). That’s what? 1.50? Actually, now that I think about it, the day I lost 3 teeth I only got .25 so I guess I can’t really complain.

Anyway, I didn’t lose any teeth but I do still have a baby tooth so maybe she sees into the future.

Maybe it’s a cat in hiding?

I apologize in advance.

Perhaps your desk was due for a Toonie up?

Were you complaining about a lack of legroom under your desk? Looking for a way to get you Toonies under there?

Sorry. Those popped in my head while I was reading, and I felt the need to share.

Or the toothfairy is planning on punching you in the mouth later.

Yeah, since she moved to a proactive business scheme she´s been a real bitch.

Damn.

Doug must have dropped it on his last disinformation run. He complained about coming up short, eh?, and knowing that we dock pay for shortfalls, he was afraid he wouldn’t be able to pay the hydro bill. Ever since grade nine he’s been doing things like that; it’s a wonder the Tim Horton Disinformation Brigades still keep him around. Last week we found him sleeping on the chesterfield when he was supposed to be out buying a bag of milk. Don lit into him like he was three metres tall and covered in hair and I thought I was going to need the Gravol for sure what with the threat of blood on the carpet and all. But it all worked out in the end. Don went for that ‘long walk in the snow’ and came back and announced that he was moving back to Tronna and last I heard he was on pogey and we got a new agent name of Matthew. Who is now complaining that he can’t get any decent tourtière at the dépanneur and what’s up with the fake maple syrup anyways? I told him that in this job, it’s not President’s Choice, you’re lucky to get noname, and he grumbled that his husband ‘would have something to say about it’ but in the end he accepted the situation. When I was at university I wasn’t that picky. Of course, I was in residence, which was a zoo all it own, but that’s beside the point. What’s a married man doing joining the Brigades anyways? Unless he’s a spook for CSIS. Funny, he never did say what his civilian job was…