How to survive a pitting?

Ah, it really all depends upon who shows for the “party.” Say you get some folks who are content to pile on you just because they want to, then you’ll end up looking–at least in their eyes–bad. But then you looked bad even before you got pitted/pitted someone.

Drat. I left off “–at least in their eyes.” after “pitted/pitted someone else.”

:smiley: Heh heh!
YES!
My advice is to let people scream and rant at you and to enjoy it.
Almost everyone on these boards claim to be against “hate” or “hate speech”, yet many of them are the most hate filled folks I’ve ever communicated with. It’s hillarious the way some people get all worked up on these boards! There’s just no tolorance for opposing view points.:wink:

pk: I’m impressed! You got called a “flaming cockwad”… I’m writing that one down.

Geesh I hate to confess this, but here it goes. I am still new to the board and don’t know alot of people. But I swear that is what I thought your username was for at least a week.

As for me I got a tough name. Anyone who wants to mess with me just might get their ash kicked. :smiley:

If wimpy-sounding names get pitted, and Librarian sounds wimpy, do we need to pit RenegadeLibrarian? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to kick around in my ashes, feel free. Just remember to bring a good vacuum cleaner and a scrub bucket to clean up the mess, afterwards.

(The original German name that Perrault horribly mistranslated “Cinderella” was Ashenputel. While certainly messy, cookfire ashes are good for many things, not least making soap.)

What constitutes bannable behavior?

Maybe you could change it to something like “Conan, the Libertarian”.

Or something.

[sub]sorry[/sub]

SimonX: This is what I perceive to be bannable behaviour:

Trolling
Sock puppetry
Being a jerk
Swearing and being offensive outside the pit
Personal attacks based on race, gender etc

Do any of these more than once and you’re probably outta here.

Sock puppetry???
I’m unfamiliar with this term.

Sometimes when I breath,
I’m a jerk.

Hey, same with me only I’m real arse, when I’m doing it correctly that is…

It’s making a second username and posting under that. It’s illegal, under any circumstances (search The Pit for a recent thread with “sock” in the title).

After seeing countless pittings I would say that remaining cool is essential whilst you’re being flamed.

I must have one of those scary user names or the fact I make an effort not to offend people even when they piss me off.

Perhaps that’s the best way to survive a pitting… don’t get invited to one in the first place.

Mind you… someone really should pit me for my horrible grammar… or these… little… band… width… sucking… dots.

It seems to be a Canadian thing… we can’t help it.

:slight_smile:

Maybe LiberfuckingtarianDammit :smiley:

I just got my first pitting at just over 1200 posts. I have to say, I’m surprised it took so long, since I don’t hesitate to express my opinions. I’m a little worried it’s going to turn into one of those long, drawn-out pit threads, which end up having little to do with the pittee and more to do with people’s strong feelings on the subject. You know the Pit threads I’m talking about.

It’s bad timing because I’ve got a lot of work to do and really shouldn’t be posting here at all.

Lib, how about Architeuthis Polemestees? :wink:

[sub](Giant Squid Warrior)[/sub]

Wow. That’s really good, Desmo! :smiley:

Well. one way to survive is to never know that you were pitted.