How would you describe Bjork?

To someone that has never heard her music, and never seen pictures of her.

http://unit.bjork.com/specials/pics/frame.htm

Well, she looks like an anime elf with a whimsical sense of fashion. Her music I would liken to an electronica/pop-rock/new wave hybrid composed by Nordic manga fans on mushrooms, sung by a faerie creature on ecstasy.

I was going to say ‘nuts’, but I think you’ve said the same thing in better words :wink:

Funny, I was going for a more earthy approach.

“More fucked up that Alanis but nowhere near as fucked up as Tori.”

I find Bjorks music a little bjoring.

As a Bjerk.
I know, it’s a cheap shot, but somebody had to take it!

The actual sound ‘bjork’ gives me a crisp mental visual of vomitting.

“Damn, I bjork-ed up my entire breakfast after that hill sprint!”
Ummmm… not a fan… :stuck_out_tongue:

I know people usually pronounce it as “byork”, but isn’t it actually more like “byerk”? I don’t speak Icelandic, of course, but a little help?

Just hearing about Björk makes me think of the time on SNL when Colin said “Hey Björk. Happy bjirthday.” It’s stupid, I know, but I’m laughing while I type this.

The word “elfin” gets tossed around a lot when her appearance is being described. I actually like her music, especially the more trip-hoppy stuff. I mean, vocally, she’s no Beth Gibbons, but it’s still pretty good. Actually, picker’s description is pretty dead-on. :slight_smile:

You know, I’m a fan of hers, and that’s a damn good description. I’m going to use it when recommending her :smiley:

I would describe Bjork as “Kate Bush on acid.”

"An osentsibly elf-like Enya clone whose fashionable techno-tinged production makes her appeal to hipsters and whose vocal histrionics convince listeners that there’s actually some legitimate message hidden in there.

She’s the height of elfen psychosis. Not particularly pretty (although my son has the major hots for her) and her acting ability impressed me.

Um, Enya clone? How exactly is she like Enya? :dubious:

Created from butter and cork?

Annoying.
[sub]Annojing?[/sub]

Magically delicious?

Well-meaning.

She tends to give me a headache, but I think she’s kinda cute. I can listen to her if I am totally altered with the headphones on very loud. Other than that, I think it would be interesting to see her live in concert.

I would describe her as a very talented young lady that looks like a 14 year old French/Japanese girl who wears clothes that appear to have been hijacked from a wardrobe of an unsuccessful Broadway production.

Sha-heeeeeee-ya is

a

siiiiiiiiiiiing-grrrrr

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ooooo, oooo, ooooo…

draws ah-hah-hah-how-out notes

to meeeeeeeeet her
meeeeeeeet-er.