Humping Giant Robots

My wife was nagging me the other day about playing video games too much. This past week, I was playing through the scenarios for Supreme Commander again, but this time on “hard” difficulty level (Supreme Commander is like StarCraft mixed with MechWarrior.) I have already played through all 3 races in all scenarios already, so this is my 4th time through.

I also am playing through MechCommander Gold again as well. I play through all the missions at least once per year, sometimes more. MechCommander is like Mechwarrior but at the squad level.

Right after high school, I spent a ton of time playing Cyberball. I still have Cyberball on Mame and play it as often as I can (although not much since my sound card broke.) Cyberball is like American football but using giant robots instead of players.

As my wife was nagging me, I realized: what is it about giant robots that makes me keep coming back to the same games over and over? Am I strange? Is my perversion for giant robots unique, or do other people seem to enjoy fondling giant robots as much as I do?

Fortunately, the first mental image to come to mind for me for “humping giant robots” likens them to railroad cars, which is much more mentally palatable than the alternative.

Made me think of Robot Chicken. There’s a part where a (man-sized, not giant) robot humps a washing machine or dryer repeatedly. There’s also giant robots in the series, but I don’t think the twain meet.

You like giant robots because you are a 5-year old boy. That’s not a bad thing; it says you appreciate the finer things in life. The only think cooler is a Tyrannosaurus Rex in a mech suit.

Yes, I was debating whether to add (I Enjoy) Humping Giant Robots to avoid this confusion, but wanted the most flexibility in consecutive threads threads. :smiley:

No, no, the coolest is when 5 smaller giant robots combine to form a giant tyrannosaurus rex, and it wields a massive, phallus-like sword.

Voltron was cool, but I never wanted to hump him.

Maybe you’re Japanese. How do you feel about tentacles?

Uh, what about this? http://i.imgur.com/j5tMM.jpg (NSFW if your boss is a giant robot, I suppose)

Those are more fun, but I’d want a turn manipulating them.

I don’t get the tentacle fascination.

I’m not Japanese and I got bored of tentacles after like 30 minutes.

Maybe if it was a giant robot tentacle, I might be interested.

Seriously though, I dunno what it is about the robots…I just keep coming back to them over and over.

It’s a mixture of domination and being able to stuff every orifice full of squirmy goodness.

Typing that last sentence makes me feel like I need a shower.

They’re not allowed to look at penises, but 6 foot long green penises are A-OK.

Oh yes, and that too. It was originally a censorship work-around but has now mutated way beyond.

Right, but the fact that such a large audience decided that it was a great idea is just interesting.

Unfortunately, no.

So I’m playing through the MechCommander expansion pack right now, and this was the exchange between my wife and myself:

Her: What the hell is wrong with you?
Me: I love giant robots.
Her: Why don’t you get a model set or something? My brother and I used to enjoy putting those together when we were young.
Me: Why on earth would I want a tiny replica of a giant robot?

So, seeing as how the general consensus in this thread is that “something is wrong with you,” is my wife making a mistake in encouraging this as a hobby to me?

My advice is to scrub well and go watch The Iron Giant for the 479th time.