Hurricane's a'comin' gotta run

<pssst> Let’s all go t.p. Trumpy’s house while he’s gone.

Depending on where Trump lives, we might need a boat to do that, Lisa. But, what the hell, I’ve done stupider things. :slight_smile:

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

I just heard on NPR that Floyd has turned significantly north, so southern and central Florida will not be hit as hard as was predicted. But now forecasters say that North Carolina, and Myrtle Beach specifically, are going to take a beating.

Good luck, folks.

Well, the news is bad for me. Raleigh may be 150 miles inland, but it seems we are in for a direct hit unless we all blow real hard!

If you don’t hear from me after this is done, remember that I loved you all!

Yer pal,
Satan

See ya in hell, Satan

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.

And I’m supposed to be flyin’ to Atlanta this afternoon (!) from Philadelphia (to present a paper at a conference tomorrow, so can’t be postponed).
Am I nuts? (Please be kind!)

I am wearing comfortable clothes because I do expect to be spending some long hours in the airport.

You’re not nuts, Wireless. The guys you work for are!

I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.
Alexandre Dumas the Younger (1824-1895)

Thanks, MoosieGirl! But ::cringe:: I own the (small) company! So no-one to blame but myself (and also why I’m willing to take more risks than if I worked for someone else). Anyway, I appreciate the thought!

:::takes foot out of her mouth:::
DOH! :o

All the best! :slight_smile:

I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.
Alexandre Dumas the Younger (1824-1895)

wireless - Atlanta has a 30% chance of getting a rain shower over the next 2 days. We will have wind gusts of up to 25 MPH. That’s the worst case forecast. Hartsfield is fuctioning quite normally (I see it from my office window).

We’re 300 miles from the coast, no worries here. Unless, of course, you don’t have hotel reservations. We’re full up with Floridians, South Carolinians, and GA coasters (could y’all please not evacuate during rush hour next time?).

Thanks for the update, Doctor Jackson! As you probably know, I have family near Atlanta.

I swear, every rush hour in Atlanta looks like a hurricane evacuation nowadays.

I’m just glad they finally moved the Cape Hatteras lighthouse! Two direct hits to the OBX in one year & I know that “floating base” would have eroded shortly afterwards.

Goodnight Trumpy, where ever you are!

“Quoth the Raven, ‘Nevermore.’”
E A Poe

(Just doing my bit to move this back to the top so Trumpy and the rest of the Floyd refugees can find it when they get back.)

Floyd decided to track to the East of Raleighwood, thus sparing us from the hell that was Fran. Lotsa flooding, some breeziness, lost power from 2:30 last night until about 1:30 this afternoon, and slept through most of it.

I hope everyone else here was as fortunate… And I did get the day off work! Yay!

Just a quick update (and a boot to the top) to make sure everyone survived.

Trumpy and Satan are of course still around.
Wireless has posted since then, so he’s OK.

The hard one to find was stmc62. She hasn’t posted since Floyd, but I checked her website and there is a mention of her returning from the evacuation. (Kim[?] if you’re lurking out there drop a line and let us know.)

Whoops, got my screen names confused. Stmc62 is back (as of today). I meant The Raven (who’s name appears to be Kim).

Glad you all are alright.