[hysterical female adolescent screaming]O-Town! O-Town! O-Town!

So sorry. If a mod could fix that, I would be so appreciative. The bolding’s only supposed to go to “stand.”

Here’s one more. And I’m sorely dissapointed.

*&%@#$ boy bands…

My name is PRNYouth, and …

Um … my name is PRNYouth, and I …

deep breath

My name is PRNYouth, and …
[sup]I saw New Kids on the Block in concert.[/sup] :eek:

There, I said it. I said it, and I’m glad.

In some pathetic attempt at a defense, I must say that my friend Brian and I were there only to see another 80’s “pop sensation” – Tiffany. The two girls we were with, though, insisted on staying to see NKotB.

[sup]As if wanting to see Tiffany is any better than wanting to see NKotB.[/sup]

I think we’re alone now … there doesn’t seem to be anyone around …

I think we’re alone now…the beating of out hearts is the only sound

How about:

Could’ve been so beautiful, could’ve been so right. Could’ve been my lover on this dark and stormy niiiiight!

I was there, my friend. Hangin’ Tough concert in DC, 1990. Oh boy, it was a doozy. My first one! :slight_smile:

Glad to see I’m not alone. I saw on VH1 that she’s coming out with a new CD soon. :slight_smile:

I remember that song . . . what is it?

“I Think We’re Alone Now,” originally done in the 60’s by some dude, redone in 1990 by Tiffany, the Mall Princess. A true classic. Note that Tiffani’s version has the heavy-breathing/running-through-the-woods SFX. Unbeatable.

Yeah . . . I’ve heard a few versions of it. Either that, or the reception on my radio was really crappy a few nights.

Great song. The beat . . . mmmm:)

I’d like to share a little story with you all:

Sometime in December, I was in West Palm Beach, where O-Town was kicking off their world tour. I was not a fan, nor am I now. Anyway, my friend and I were standing around and waiting for them to come out. And so the DJ from our radio station comes out and introduces them, and the squealing and squeaking and screaming and whatnot commences all around us. My friend and I screamed along with them a bit… what can I say? It’s contagious.

Throughout the first couple of songs, the girl in front of me was continually jumping up and down and screaming “Oh I want you, you sexy dreadlocked man” or whatever. It was probably the most annoying thing I have ever witnessed. I had to resist the temptation to take my hand, put it on her head, and push down so that she couldn’t bounce anymore. Then, out of nowhere, she bounces directly into my chin. So I involuntarily bite my tongue. And it hurt. My tongue will never experience that kind of pain again. The girl blurts out a quick “sorry.” I replied with an “it’s cool” and she began her screaming once again. But it was not cool. She had injured my tongue. And she had injured my tongue bad.

My tongue bled. And bled and bled until it could bleed no more. And when it had stopped bleeding, it was just swollen and red. And it stayed that way for two days. Two freakin’ days. I could barely eat. Even now, if I bite my tongue just a little bit, I start to feel the aftermath of the disgruntled O-Town fan. That injury has made my tongue far too sensitive.

So, you see, O-Town is indirectly responsible for injuring my tongue. And therefore, O-Town is undoubtedly the work of the devil.

The End

I cant remember the first one, but I belive that Tiffany did a cover, bue my favorite cover on that sond is by Screeching Weasel, it kicks ass.

There was supposed to be a New Kids reunion at the 1999 Video Music Awards, but Jon pulled out at the last minute. Hmph. I always knew there was a reason he was my least favorite.

Jordan, Jordan, Jordan…I know you heard me screaming your name at the concert in Joe Louis Arena back in 1991. I know it. And you’re still wondering whatever happened to that girl, that shy, sweet fifth grader, so unappreciated by her peers, but who was so beautiful in your eyes. I know you’re still looking for me, waiting to sweep me away…call me, babe. I’m available Saturday.

<slight hijack>Don’t be fooled; Nesmith has said on several occasions he doesn’t tour because he doesn’t like touring (traveling). He has some appreciation for their music.</hijack>

Sorry for the interruption…

Am I the only one to see the irony that none of the members of “O-Town” are actually from “O-Town” (Orlando) itself?

DDG, try living here in Orlando: we get the BSB & NSYNC updates all the time*. Case in point (from today’s Orlando Sentinel, Leslie Doolittle’s “Names & Faces” [celebrity gossip]:

“Wipe those tears, you traumatized 'N Sync fans. A spokesperson for Jive Records says the report that Justin Timberlake plans to leave the group is not true.”

Not to mention their planned and “spontaneous” appearances at WDW, Planet Hollywood, etc. Actually, it’s probably good, so I can avoid the crowds. Sheesh!
[sub]** Not to mention the up-and-coming wannabes and girl groups, too. I went to a Magic game** and some girl group [IIRC, the initials of their first names spelled out the band name - P.R.A.Y. or something like that] was the pre-game and half-time entertainment, backed by the Magic Dancers. Gaaah!

** The Magic play at the T.D. Waterhouse Centre** - ironically, it used to be called the “O-rena”.

** Yes, it is spelled** “Centre”.

** No reason. I just wanted to use asterisks again.[/sub]

Unless I’m mistaken, that “some dude” was Tommy James and the Shondells. What was Tiffany’s other hit? Whatever it was, it was also a remake.

To be honest, I felt more sorry for her than anything. Debbie Gibson seemed to be a singer because she wanted to be; she seemed self-motivated and ambitious. She also attempted to write her own songs. Tiffany, OTOH, seemed to have almost been sold by her parent(s) to her manager, and destined to become a where-are-they-now. She didn’t seem to have much personality at all in interviews, like she hadn’t found her “voice”, so to speak. I wouldn’t slam her, only because I think she didn’t want to be where she was, and didn’t seem to be a tantrum-throwing diva.

does some quick math You’re my age. Sorta.

Someone else to flirt with:)

Warn us before you use that word in a post!:wink:

::bats eyes::
You know Jordan means nothing to me, right?
::gets the vapors::

Sure, hon. Whatever does it for you:)

I am, I think, also available Saturday, but alas I do not live anywhere near Missouri.

“I Saw Her Standing There” - The Beatles, with change in pronouns.

Hanh? Did I miss a memo or something? Why? :confused:

I saw about 2 episodes of the “Making of the Band” or whatever show… um… they suck! The show I remember, their voice coach threatened to quit because they sucked so bad. If they can’t sing, aren’t they at least supposed to be cute? Most of these guys are just bland, but two of them are out and out repulsive!

Hey, The Vapors were a great band!!!

::singing::
Turning japanese, I think I’m turning japanese
I really think so.

Oh, you poor deprived youngster!