I bought a Korean Ginseng wine bottle earlier today

I only paid $2 for it from my asian neighbors garage sale, I also bought a 50`s model Hobby Horse that my wife is playing with upstairs
#1 it aint wine its more closely related to the Tequila family
#2 it has a huge ass ginseng root in the bottle
#3 i am sipping it really slow but suddenly feel very energized
#4 i predict a banning from the local mod sheriff before the sun rises
#5 this is a pretty cool forum with some awsome activity and pretty clever people

Enjoy this place. I doubt if you’ll be here more than a few days.

And the people are so friendly too.

It wont be my first banning:D

If that is a shot at me perhaps you’d like to peruse this thread.

How do you become a charter member?

If you get four warnings in a week it is automatic.

Trust me :smiley:

I chunked a bit of money in because i kinda like this place:D

You should enjoy your stay.

Seriously, you may want to avoid the pit until you become familiar with the way the board operates and its members. Actually, it may be wise to avoid the Pit full stop.

Yeah, I know. I saw that thread. Doesn’t mean there’s a need to be all snarky in this one.

Except I wasn’t being snarky. Given the OP’s posts at that time I didn’t expect him to last long.

YMMV obviously.

Hmm i think i will heed your advice

Oh, my bad I guess. Sorry. I could use some Ginseng wine myself.

No worries. I could have phrased it better.

Be careful with that. It’s possible to have some rather unpleasant side-effects by OD’ing on ginseng.

Get a time machine and pay for an account 10 years ago. :slight_smile:

What’s this “hobby horse” that his wife is “playing” with? I’m a little afraid to Google it at work …

Since you like us well enough to join, presumably you want to stick around for a while. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt that your previous bannings were not from here (in which case you’d be a sock, insta-ban – though I see no evidence of that), but a word to the wise: taunting mods, and seeing what you can get away with, are not good strategies for a long and happy posting career here.

No, I’m not following you around – everything I’ve written you a mod note on has been reported by one or more people.

I do hope you’ll calm down a little and settle in – we really are a cool forum with awesome activity and clever people, but we also prefer not to deal with people whose primary intention is misbehaving.

twickster, MPSIMS moderator

Really? You can OD on ginseng? What happens?

It takes a lot, or panax (ginseng) combined with other drugs, but yes, it’s possible. An acute overdose can cause bleeding (especially if the patient it on coumadin, heparin, aspirin or NSAIDS), increased *or *decreased heart rate, increased blood pressure, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bowel incontinence, urinary incontinence and fever and irritability, seizures, delirium and convulsions.

Mild but chronic overdose symptoms include n/v/d, dry mouth, inability to sit still, tremor, palpitations, dry mouth, dizziness, itching, rash and/or eczema, headache, blurred vision, high blood pressure, morning diarrhea, edema, fatigue, insomnia, increased libido (which is not always a good thing, as it’s the sort of increase in libido with orgasm doesn’t satisfy),

In Traditional Chinese Medicine terms, it’s about the hottest and most energizing plant there is, and used to excess, causes symptoms of Excess Heat. Think of all the things that your body might do if it were tossed on a bonfire (dry out, lose urine and stool, erupt in redness, bleed all over and send your heart going wickety wonkety) and you’ve got the symptoms of panax (Jin-chen) overdose.

Yep. Some of this is exactly what happened to a friend who was drinking so much ginseng tea that it reacted with his prescription meds.