I burned my first CD yesterday!

“Music To Move To San Diego By,” compiled by yours truly.

See, I’ve always had a tape deck in my car, my thinking being that (1) I can make my own compilations, and (2) I’ll keep my CD’s in the house and make copies on tapes, because (a) I couldn’t make CD copies (then), (b) tape decks were cheaper (It’s been about 7 years since I’ve bought a car), (c) people are less likely to break into my car for a tape or a tape player, (d) if a tape goes bad in the sun, I just make another copy - they’re cheaper than losing the CD, and (e) I’d have a copy to listen to in the car and a copy to listen to in the house, if I so desired.

Well, when I moved to sunny San Diego and bought a car from a friend in LA, he had a CD player already in it. I was a bit hesitant, but my housemates, being technogeeks, have a CD burner, so I decided to take my latest compilation that I listened to on my journey westward, the above-mentioned “MtMtSDB,” ripped the CD’s and burned a new one.

Woo hoo! I am so technologically inclined, you can just touch me. :slight_smile:

I think, however, in the long run, I’d prefer having a tape player in my car, but it’s too late now, so I might as well enjoy it. :slight_smile:

Esprix

Once you have a cd player in your car, there ain’t no going back to the early 80’s. Welcome to the 90’s Esprix.

Funny, I thought this was the '00s. Does that mean I have to get an MP3 player now? Shucks, I’m always so far behind… :frowning:

Esprix

What tracks are on the compilation?

Ah, I was wondering when someone would ask… :wink:

[ul][li]“Wide Open Spaces” by the Dixie Chicks[/li][li]“Movin’ Out” by Billy Joel[/li][li]“I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor[/li][li]“I Feel Lucky” by Mary Chapin Carpenter[/li][li]“The Bare Necessities” by Harry Connick, Jr.[/li][li]“Footloose” by Kenny Loggins[/li][li]“Standing Outside The Fire” by Garth Brooks[/li][li]“Little Bird” by Annie Lennox[/li][li]“Everybody Says Don’t” by Barbra Streisand[/li][li]“Thunderball” by Tom Jones[/li][li]“This Is The Moment” from “Jekyll & Hyde”[/li][li]“One Step” from “Starting Here, Starting Now”[/li][li]“I’m Alright” by JoDee Messina[/ul][/li]
I love this shit. I’ve got 8 tapes in my “Sad Songs” series, and 7 in my “Music To Abuse By” series from high school (don’t ask).

Esprix

You probably could have fit another 3 songs on there, easy :slight_smile:

Last night I burned another CD for my girlfriend to take to work with her. Every month or 2, she wants a new one. I enjoy doing it very much, it’s fairly addictive. :slight_smile:

K.

I remember when I burned my first CD.

Isn’t the smell awful?

That is one of the most interesting mices. Country, disco, classic rock, 80’s pop. And even Barbara Streisand. (shudder)

Hmmm…that should me mixes, NOT mices.

Cool! That is something I am so looking forward to doing whenever that magic “I finally got a computer at home” day arrives.

Actually, it might be a possiblity soon as hubby is getting into home recording and mentioned how cool he thought it would be to some recording software “…when we decided to get a computer.” I know that day will come soon as will the CD burner that I’ll get with it.

Nice mix, Esprix.

You always remember your first time. :smiley:

I’m so jealous. I’m the last kid on my block without a burner. Soon, though, God and my finances willing.