I can't take it anymore

Those make me feel sick too. :frowning: I tried those when I had a particularly nasty and loud co-worker in a neighboring cubicle.

This.

But if that doesn’t work do this: Bring in a recording of Chinese opera and play it plenty loud all day.

Millions of people love that beautiful music. In fact Chinese opera lovers outnumber all Americans put together. I will bet you $20 your seed-chewing neighbor is not amongst the lovers of Chinese opera. I also bet another $20 he doesn’t know that. Yet. <Evil smiley>

It’s worked for me in more than one cube farm. It will work for you.

Yes, precisely. And you eat them in their entirety, shell and all. Or I do, at any rate. Shelling pumpkin seeds is akin to peeling tomatoes. (I’ve heard of people that do that too).

And you would be the first and only I’ve ever heard of. OTOH, I have eaten sunflower seeds shell and all, so I’m sure it’s all very feasible. Just, you know, don’t act terribly surprised if people do something different than you.

That is… odd. I have never seen a single person, in my lifetime, eat pumpkin seeds by de-shelling them first…

Though after typing that sentence, I remembered that in the latin foods sections of most stores here, pepitas are sold. Which are, in fact, roasted, shelled pumpkin seeds. Apparently a cultural thing!

Yeah, me either. Surprise to me.

They salt them. I was about to say “why would they salt them if folks were expected to shell them and only eat the interiors?” but then I remembered that they salt sunflower seeds on the outside too. So much for that argument.

But seriously folks. Go buy a package of David’s Pumpkin seeds. Try just eating it as is, out of the package. They’re nice & tender. (I’ll admit some brands are waaaaay too salty but David’s does them nicely)

Bolding mine. You really surprised me when the bolded part wasn’t the word “peanuts”.

One heck of a lot of salted-in-shell peanuts are sold in the US every year. The latest USDA numbers I could find were from 1980 and that was 151 million lbs/year 35 years ago. Unlike pumpkin or sunflower seeds, nobody, and I do mean nobody, eats the shells. Suck’ em? Sure. Eat 'em? Nope.

You get plenty of salt on them as you shell and eat them.