[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Don’t use that word, it’s disgusting.
[/QUOTE]
Well, if we’re (note the proper use of the apostrophe) discussing words to be avoided based on the level of disgust invoked, could you please change your (note the lack of an apostrophe) screenname? I find it utterly unacceptable. I have decided to join you in your crusade of insanity and invented my own language.
It’s made up of the same English words we all use. But some of the definitions are different. For instance, the word “aeschines” is a bloody douchenozzle used in trying to extract the anal shit from the head when someone is trying to free it of the ass it is stuck in.
Holy shit, mental illness is fun, ain’t it? Unless the nutcase doesn’t realize he’s spiraling out of control. This is almost sad. I’m not sure you really get what is happening here. Morbid curiosity will keep me visiting this until the eventual closing, but it’s going to be damn difficult to avoid posting again.
[QUOTE=Guinastasia]
We’re talking about the guy who claimed that mswas and drmark2000 were fucking brilliant and that we were the ones losing out when they were banned.
[/QUOTE]
Jesus, I didn’t realize the full extent of the situation. What’s his stance on justhink?
The sad fact is that we have an earnest nutjob who wants to clean up his city. Also, he thinks he plumbed the depths of Buddhism within ages 12-13 and translates for every major Japanese manufacturing firm. Despite having numerous friends and family (completely unrelated by blood of course) with mental disabilities, he ignores his own. I think poking him any further might border on the cruel. Just this snarkers humble opinion.
[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Not by my choice, but by that of the cretinous hordes, have I taken on all comers and trounced them. I came to give you wisdom about the scourge of junk that plagues our fair land, but you rejected it. In so doing, you have damned yourselves. In rejecting the succor of my thought and knowledge, you have shamed yourselves. Through your crass manner of expression and vulgar concepts, you have debased yourselves.
Let’s end this war for now. Acknowledge my puissance and erudition, and I will grant a ceasefire. If not, I will go 1 against 50 and still come out the victor.
[/QUOTE]
So where did you hang the “Mission Accomplished” banner?
This is about par for the course for you isn’t it. Start thread or enter thread. Post gibberish. Claim victory and superiority. Shame mswas and drmark2000 aren’t here to help you shout it from the rafters.
[QUOTE=brianjedi]
We should get you to make the signs for the “beaters.” No one could take offense to a car “For Cale.”
[/QUOTE]
But what if a guy named Cale is selling the beater? I mean, we’d have a) a beater, b) a For Sale/Cale sign in the window, c) people not sure if the car was for sale or if Cale was a sailor, d.1) my exploitation of Cale for taking a cut of the sale price, d.2) my exploitation of a beater for selling Cale, d.3) accusations of profiting from Big Pharma commissions for tormenting Aeschines…
[QUOTE=CarnalK, my bolding]
The sad fact is that we have an earnest nutjob who wants to clean up his city. Also, he thinks he plumbed the depths of Buddhism within ages 12-13 and translates for every major Japanese manufacturing firm. Despite having numerous friends and family (completely unrelated by blood of course) with mental disabilities, he ignores his own. I think poking him any further might border on the cruel. Just this snarkers humble opinion.
[/QUOTE]
I have identified above where your thinking first goes awry.
[QUOTE=CarnalK]
Also, he thinks he plumbed the depths of Buddhism within ages 12-13
[/QUOTE]
I have to give him a bit of a pass on this one. But only because I doubt the sincerity of his claims. Were he a major English->Japanese translator for such major companies, he’d likely be making enough coin to live in the ivory tower he’s already set up shop in in his reality. I suspect he’s actually talking about the “Americanized” Buddhism.
I was reading this week’s issue of Newsweek when I saw this piece
Depends on the sincerity of the follower, or course. Still have to question the truthfullness of the claim of living in Japan and the cites of those he met.
Depends on the sincerity of the follower, or course. Still have to question the truthfullness of the claim of living in Japan and the cites of those he met.
[/QUOTE]
No frigging shit. "Gee, I spent years in England and I can tell you that Christianity is a folk religion. The people I met at the laundromat only mention god as a good luck charm or curse! "
[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Riiight. I’ve done Japanese to English translation (with the output as actual ad copy used worldwide) for Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Sony, Casio, Pentax, Panasonic, TBS (current job), Fuji TV, etc.
How about you, friend?
[/QUOTE]
Half the companies listed here are clients of ours, and man, this post explains a lot about the materials we receive from them.
“When the user pees through the viewfinder, the results are sharp and crisp.” It all makes sense now.