I feel so unloved

I get the feeling that no one at work likes me or my coworker. We’re moving to a new building next week. Everyone else in the department was told that from today until the day we move, we can dress down. They figure jeans and t-shirts will make it more comfortable for us to pack our stuff. Well, no one told me or my coworker. We’re the only two people on this product line but we do have the same bosses as everyone else in the department. I could have worn jeans today :frowning: Even more important, I could have worn sneakers today. :frowning: :frowning:

Actually, to be honest, I wouldn’t have worn jeans anyway. For the last year, I’ve been confined to one desk. Because of this, I haven’t been able to accumulate crap and I don’t have much to pack. I’d almost feel guilty if I wore jeans, knowing that I wouldn’t actually be packing.
But, the weather is changing so my knees are killing me. I would have really liked to wear sneakers today. I will wear sneakers next week.
In fact, when I go see my doctor next month, I’m going to have her give me an official doctor’s note saying I can wear sneakers whenever my knees hurt.
I’ll be wearing comfortable shoes while my coworkers wear heels :stuck_out_tongue:
Serves them right. They should have told me.

While typing this completely pointless post, I’ve come to realize some things about myself and life:

1. I can sound very whiny and childish when I want to.

2. Revenge can be fun.

3. I am a grown woman who has to get a doctor’s note to wear sneakers to work. How pathetic.

I hate to see you assume malice was their intent when simple oversight is a more likely possibility.

Welcome to MPSIMS.

That’d be the Pit, Bob.

That’s MPSIMS again, unless you meant, “How pathetic?”, in which case it’d be IMHO. Or maybe GD if you were talking in the greater philosophical sense, rather than just, say, you.

So, sounds like you’re well on your way to becoming a great poster! Leapfrog everybody at work and wear shorts next week (“Hey, I didn’t wear jeans on Friday, so I have to catch up”). Or confuse everybody and wear interviewing clothes.

I know it wasn’t malice. I’m just feeling sorry for myself. I sit far away from everyone else and they tend to forget I’m here. But, in the 3 years I’ve been here, I’m the only person who has NEVER been notified of a dress down day.

As of next Wednesday though, I will quite litterally be right in the thick of things. I have the middle spot in the middle of 3 pods.

Nothing will escape me again!!!

I Will Be All Knowing!!!