I fell out of bed

I know you guys are referring to a song, but I have no idea what it is.
Tell me!:confused:

It’s The Beatles’ “A Day in the Life”

Quick lyrics: “Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. Found my way downstairs and drank a cup, and looking up, I noticed I was late (pant, pant, pant). Found my coat and grabbed my hat, made the bus in seconds flat. Found my way upstairs and had a smoke, and somebody spoke and I went into a dream.”

I knew something vanilla didn’t, I knew something vanilla didn’t!

Fell out of bed last week actually. At home I have a huuuge bed all to myself but I generally sleep on the LHS where I can turn off my alarm get up and walk to the bathroom. I was offshore sleeping in a teeny bunk with a wall on my LHS and a ‘lip’ on my RHS so you don’t fall out when the sea gets rough for almost three weeks. The first night I was home in my comfy bed I woke up just as I reached the point of no return and I overbalanced and fell face first onto the floor at the LHS of my bed. Very painful on the nose and I hurt my back as well. Not a nice way to wake up.

*I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I’d said.

I fell out of bed as a yet once, also from the top bunk. I probably would have been fine, but I landed on top of a Lite Brite [sup]TM[/sup] and bruised my spleen. I was in the hospital for a week.

I’ve never fallen out of bed as an adult, but once I rearranged my bedroom furniture. The bed was in a corner with the “left side” against the wall. I switched it so the “right side” was against the wall. In the morning the phone rang and I jumped up to get it - I did a very good impression of bug on the windshield when I smooshed into the wall. No bruises though.

Or rather, “I fell out of bed as a kid once…”

How the hell did I type that?

I remember that song!
I am old enough to remember that song!
Its just, without the vocal soundings of the Beatles, I didn’t recognize it.

My freshman year of college, my roommate fell out of his bed. He was spinning around on his butt while holding his feet and spun over the side. His was the top of three lofted beds so it would have been quite a fall. Fortunatley for him, it was broken - by my head (I was sitting at my desk directly beneath him.)