I found out last week I have cancer

Terrible thing to hear: “You have cancer”
Wonderful thing to hear: “It’s stage 1”

Good deal. If you’re smoking quit. If you are in the asbestos removal biz, quit. If you live inside a reactor, move. You’re lucky to catch it at stage 1. Congrats.

Ouch.

Good luck with the surgery.

Best of luck on the surgery and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Good luck, I’m sending happy vibes your way.

Man, I read this with a pit in my stomach. I’m so glad that the news was as good as could be hoped for! Best of luck on surgery and a quick and healthy recovery.

Best wishes, Sub. I know that no matter how well you’re taking it, there have to have been some scary moments there. As you can see, a lot of us are behind you.

Best wishes!
I’m happy to hear you caught it early.
Let us know how the surgery goes.

Best of luck and healthy, healing vibes.

Sublight, I am so glad they caught it early. Very best wishes and please let us know how you are. koee

Like others, my heart was jumping between my throat and my stomach. I was very glad to see that stage 1 diagnosis. It sounds like you have wonderful support all around you.

And you have us. If you get any twinges of fear, we’re here for you.

Lisa, sending you my best and strongest karma.

i hope everything goes well in surgery. i’ll be thinking of you. would that be the 15th for those of us on east coast time?

Nice hearing a somewhat happy ending to one of these tales.

Best wishes to you.

I’m so sorry to hear this, but so happy to hear that it appears to be completely manageable! Not that it will be a piece of cake, but knowing that it is stage one makes it so much less frightening.

Sending you love and prayers and positive healing thoughts!

Be well and keep up the positive attitude…I truly think that is half the battle.

My Love,

Cheri

Ganbatte kudasai, ne?

My thoughts are with you.

CJ

Much love and strength to you Sublight.

[sub]Although I don’t think you need the strength, its there anyway.[/sub]

My dad had cancer as well - breast cancer, actually. It was caught in time & he’s been cancer-free for something like 14 years now.

As others have said, you seem to have caught it early as well, so that’s good. Good luck to you, and keep us apprised of the situation.

Best thoughts to you and your family. If you need anything, let us know.

Wow, I can’t imagine what you are going though, Just know my prayer and thoughts are with you, and I wish you luck with furthur test and situations. God Bless!

I’m in awe of your wonderful attitude. I’m ashamed that I was just griping about my allergy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I know that you will be triumphant.

Thanks for the wonderful support everyone. As it looks now, I’ll be in the hospital (without an internet connection!) for a little over two weeks. I don’t know how much of that’s really necessary, but I’m not going to complain about that now.

Khadaji, good luck with your tests! I hope everything turns out all right for you.

Cerowyn, the friend you were carrying around with a broken leg, was the leg already broken before the night began? :wink: