I gave my credit card to my "best friend"

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Please BE WARNED! Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever ‘Eastern European’ scam whilst out shopping.

Here’s how the scam works:

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls of eastern European origin come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start cleaning your windshiel, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T- shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they’ll say ‘No’ and instead they ask you for a lift to another supermarket. You agree and they both get in the back seat.

On the way there, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen on September 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. Also on October 1st, 4th, 6th, 9th and 10th and twice yesterday.So please warn all the older men you know to be on the lookout for this scam.

The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 4:30 in the afternoon

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but I fear this debit-card-borrowing-friend-who-needs-medication scam might be an epidemic. From the Forest Grove (OR) police blotter on September 4:

Maybe you should try dating this woman instead of your “friend”, OP. You two probably have a lot in common.

Hmmm, many of those dates are in the future; may I suggest “accidentally” leaving your wallet at home one day so they can’t steal it. :wink:

• Does the design on your wallet match the sound made when something flys by your head?

I make it my personal policy to never lend anything, ever, that I couldn’t cheerfully never see again, be it a dollar or a DVD. However I do sometimes lend. I recently lent a friend who was under some stress $20,000, in fact - no interest, no time limit, no payments other than a full payback. I figure if the winds of fortune favor him greatly I’ll get it back in maybe five or ten years, maybe. In the meantime I generally forget the loan even happened.

The upsides of this over simply giving him the money is I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have accepted it as a gift, and who knows, I might get a hell of a pleasant surprise some distant day.

Actually I did this recently with another friend, only it was $10,000. I called it a loan, too, because this person never would have accepted it otherwise. I consider it a gift. I might get it back someday, but if I don’t, I won’t starve or wind up homeless.

Yeah, but you got all those muss-culls!
You should go all Dwayne Johnson:

They were all last year.

I ran out of wallets.

(I considered changing the dates, but it was too much work for just a joke.)

Twenty some years ago one of my cousins wanted to borrow some money to pay for her father-in-law’s funeral. I knew she was never going to pay me back, but I gave her the money. Five or six years later I was talking to her oldest son at a family get-together. He was 18 or 19 at the time and he told me that when he was five I had bet him one hundred dollars that he wouldn’t make it to 18. I think he was half-joking and half-fishing for some money. I told him to get it from his mother and she could subtract it from what she owed me.

Grow a handlebar mustache, get a black day coat and top hat. Go over to her house, knock on her door. When she answers twirl your mustache and say “now about that money you owe my, my pretty…” An evil cackle might work here also.
She’ll never bother you again.

Just make sure it’s an actual top hat and not a fedora.

So, she did or didn’t blow you off for a six pack and a ride across town? Your post is ambiguous.

Oh how deleting three little little letters can so drastically alter the landscape of this post. :slight_smile:

(haven’t read the whole thread yet)

One also wonders what the nature of that 90-minute persuasion was.

I should dress as the monopoly guy on halloween. lol

I was thinking more Snidely Whiplash.

Just don’t tie her to the railroad tracks. LE frowns on that.

Which grocery stores does this happen at? You know, s…so I can avoid them.

She promised to, and did not.

My ambiguity was unintentional, as was my double ententre. It was merely an unfortunate coincidence of terminology of me describing that she blew off blowing me off. It was careless writing.

So it was a double blow off?