I got a job! Woohoo!

I haven’t had a job since before I went back to school in 2006. Motorgirl let me know about a job in her department and I applied and lo and behold, I got it :smiley: It’s part time which means that I can still do my freelance work without overtaxing myself and it also means that I may be able to do some temping too, who knows. Anyway, it’s money we didn’t have before and my husband and I had really mostly talked about me working part time anyway. So anyway, I’m really excited and it didn’t even take that long… I mean I only have really been looking for a month. Go me!

YAY!!! :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

Congrats!

[ul][li]Good for you[/li][li]Congratulations. And[/li][li]Nah, I can’t do it.[/ul][/li]
Regards,
Shodan

W00t! :slight_smile:

Congrats! Wishing you luck and joy in your new career.

Excellent! Congratulations.

Congrats, Opal!

I’ll assume it’s because of all the advice in that other thread. Surely one of the comments said something about networking. :slight_smile:
-D/a

Congratulations, Opal! Sounds like things are falling into place for you. (fingers crossed).

You do realize there is a SDMB finder’s fee, don’t you?
And the SDMB support fee?

YAAAAAY! \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ does the Happy Dance

[ul]
[li]OpalCat gets a job.[/li][li][Cliché omitted — anyway, it’s out of place.][/li][li]Profit!!![/li][/ul]

Congratulations. Slowly but surely we’re all finding jobs. I hope I see more of these kinds of posts.

And Go Motorgirl! You do realize you owe her at least lunch, right? :slight_smile:

Mmmm. Dining hall food. :smiley:

Opal could probably juggle it off.

And WTG Opal!

I’ll happily take Motorgirl to lunch. :smiley:

Way to go! Is it something interesting, too, or just a way to kill time and make money?