I got a message from System about my email

I realize this must be a difficult time for the people who keep this board running. My apologies.

But I just received a message from “System”. It said that there have been attempts to contact me by email and these haven’t gone through. It then asked me if my current email address is correct.

I checked and verified I have the correct email address listed. Any idea who is trying to contact me? Why they are doing so? And why they are failing?

The same thing happened with me two days ago, and my email was correct, too.

Possibly related: some (most?) of the notifications I get from here about threads I am watching arrive in my inbox correctly (I use Firefox) but some days a large number of them get sorted out by my ISP (I think) into Bulk Mail, and those then get delivered to my local bulk mail folder on my home PC anything up to five days later.

I haven’t said anything about this, because it doesn’t really matter, I see that there’s new posts when I log onto the SDMB anyway, but in case it has significance…

Most peculiar, given that, if your email were not correct, you would not have been able to make the transition here.

Yes, it’s an email address I’ve been using for literally decades so it’s not like there were any changes to it. It is in fact the same email address I was using back on the Straight Dope AOL forum in the nineties.

I used it to make the switch to the new site here. And I received several emails about updates here. So I know this site is aware of my correct email address.

The mystery is solved. I found that my email server has been dumping all emails from this website into my spam folder without me seeing them.