I hate America

Sure, America has done some good things, but…

“A Horse with No Name” is one of those songs that get stuck in your head. And WTF is the meaning of the lyric,
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain’t no one for to give you no pain

?

Still, “Ventura Highway” isn’t that bad, I guess, even though that’s where our boy Jesse got his name. And that “Tinman” song is kinda catchy.

OK, I guess when you think about it, America is pretty good after all.

Nevermind.

I have an America disc in my car (it’s my SO’s) and I really like Daisy Jane.

And I thought that we finally were going to finally get a truthful confession. :wink:

lol!

I thought you were going to tell us you were a… a… (gasp I can hardly say it)…

a LIBERAL! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have The Best of Bread on cassette in my car, and the worst part is I actually listen to it. :smiley:

It’s Neil Young. I can’t stand him.

America without N.Y. would be…like…Canada: mostly harmless.

And *Nevermind * was by Nirvana. And I can’t see any similarities between them & America.

At least Bread’s lyrics made sense. America’s lyrics were rubbish. “Alligator lizards in the air.” WTF?

And yet, Neil is Canadian…hmmm… :smiley:

sqweels, why do you hate America so much?

Someone had to ask.

[Bull Shannon]
That makes sense to me… but then again, so do the lyrics to A Horse With No Name
[/Bull Shannon]

OK, I have to ask. What does Neil Young have to do with any of this?

Heh, he was the singer for America.

No. He wasn’t.

Well, Neil Young was certainly prescient about our “Kinder, gentler machine-gun hand”.

Favorite America Song: Sister Golden Hair
:smiley:
FB

What is this about being able to remember your name in the desert? I wouldn’t remember mine if it wasn’t on my checks. Yeah, there are plants and birds and rocks and things out here. Big Whoop. Those things are everywhere else too.

Didn’t Randy Newman say that song was about some kid who *thought * he’d taken acid?

When I start seeing purple rain I’m contacting the shrink.

I, uh, gulp, ah, humunna-humunna-humunna…

Ok, you got me. I’ll admit it, I don’t hate America. I’m a sucker for early 70s folk-pop.

Cite?
heh…always wanted to do that…
Well, he was A singer for the band (not to be confused with The Band). In fact the one who uttered the song A Horse With No Name.

No, he wasn’t.

No, he wasn’t. AllMusicGuide is your friend.

you can do MAAA-gic
pum pa-shiiiiinnng
You can do ANY-thing that you desire
MAAA-gic
pum pa-shiiiiinnng
Oh baby, you’re the one who can put out the fire

please, get it out of my head…