I hate Enterprise

The most annoying thing about Enterprise for me is it’s amazing lack of consistency in it’s backstory (or, more appropriately, it’s frontstory). I mean, I was hoping to see some interesting stuff about the creation of the Federation, but instead I got to see the “logical” Vulcans running around being imperious, egotistical, and very peevish. Um, what about that “emotions are illogical” thing, guys? Honestly, there are very few episodes that I’ve been able to watch alll the way through. When in the Pilot, I saw a full-bore Klingon (on Earth), I just knew that they weren’t trying to set up the original Star Trek. I mean, come on, all the Klingons in the old series looked very human-like! They even talked about it in the DS9 episode “Trials and Tribblations”, and then they completely ignore it in Enterprise’s pilot? Bad form…

I dunno, maybe I’m just spoiled by B5 and Farscape. But then again, I haven’t been impressed by ST since DS9 ended. Or more accurately, since Gene Roddenberry died. It all seems so formulaic and uninspired.

Vengeant

Firefly

His appearance on Stargate SG-1 was pretty good too.
Mmmm… Hoshi…

I feel your pain. I enjoyed the show up until they killed his wife. I felt the series just fell apart after that.

Must…avoid…jumping the shark… reference…can’t…type…in…correctly…
Marc

I haven’t each watched Enterprise. For one thing, I was pissed that they went backward rather than forward. My favorite Star Trek was Voyager.

If I see him make that slightly pained half-smile of his again, grrr. “That’s it! Out the airlock with you, my pretty! And your little dog, too!”:mad:

Hence why I called him “Captain” Smiley-Ass Archer. I can’t look at the guy without wanting to smack him upside the head with my umbrella. He looks more like a mess hall cook than a ship captain.

Nope. Definitely a turn off.

But that’s just a matter of taste, of course. I enjoy the puffy lipped Vulcan myself.

What? :confused: :confused:

Lib are you pulling are legs again? Voyager over DS:9 or the last 5 seasons of TNG? That’s a bold statement.

I watched Enterprise last night, actually I was just kinda in the same room. There was this alien Princess babe (who had obviously had never acted in her life). I just said “She’s gonna be stuck up, but she’ll be fucking the Enterprise guy by the end of the episode.” Yep. Oh I forgot that the guy had to slap the woman around a bit just before they fucked. A fine homage to Jim Kirk there.

It was really a big pile of steming turds.
And the theme tune. If I ever see the woman/man who wrote that, I’ll beat them with spoons.

Hoshi – pretty

T’Pol – pretty

Porthos – pretty

Bitch slapping – fun

Enterprise – hey, at least it doesn’t have David Caruso

I want to see a Star Trek prison show, like Oz Trek. Antithetical perhaps, but funny to think about.

Or a Star Trek Sopranos, with the Orion Syndicate.

“Woke up this morning, got yourself a phaser…”

UFO! Now there was a great TV series.:cool:

and the moon babes even wore purple tin foil hats :smiley:

Um, no, not Millennium the TV series, Millennium the movie. With Kris Kristofferson and Cheryl Ladd.

Please don’t hate me. :frowning:

Esprix

Actually, the fact that there is an intro song is a throw back to TOS. Here are the lyrics for the theme song. It was apparently used only in a few episodes of the first years.

No, the lyrics were never used - they were written by Gene Roddenberry so he could get half the music royalties as “lyricist,” as it didn’t matter if they were actually used or not. Pissed off Jerry Goldsmith, from what I’ve read.

Esprix

Sorry - Alexander Courage was pissed off.

Esprix

God she was a terrible actress wasn’t she?