I Hate Suzie starring Billie Piper

Billie Piper stars as an alternate universe, trainwreck version of herself. A former teen pop star who went on to be a fan favorite in SF genre shows has compromising photos leaked online. The show follows the fallout on her career and personal life. Eight stages of grief are the titles and themes for each episode.

It was created by Piper and Lucy Prebble (who also wrote for Succession). All eight episodes are available for streaming on HBO Max (apparently our friends across the pond got it last summer).

It’s not for everyone. There is toilet humor and graphic conversations about sex. Suzie and her best friend/agent Naomi are complicated women. Definitely flawed, sometimes strong but often not. There is lots of dark humor. I started watching mainly because of Piper. It was not what I expected but I was really drawn into it. These women are not like me or anyone I know but I was impressed by how genuine they seemed and I was rooting for them even when they did something awful or made bad choices.

Anyone else watching? Love it? Hate it?