I have somehow distorted my computer screen. Suggestions?

Hard to describe what I mean- I think I’ve enlarged it perhaps. I’m not referring to the webbrowsers- I know how to make those larger/smaller/zoom in/zoom out, etc., but the desktop screen itself (where I have a graphic of a house currently) seems a bit out of proportion and out of focus and larger than its supposed to be and whatever is causing that extends to the web browser.

Does anybody know what I’m talking about and, if so, how to fix it?
PS: If I don’t respond soon it’s not ingratitude but I’m about to go away for a little while.

What operating system are you using?

Sounds like you’ve set the resolution to a setting with a different aspect ratio than the physical screen. The standard is 4:3 which would be something like 1024x768 or 1280x960. The newer widescreens are 16:10 which would be 1680x1050.

Assuming you’re using Windoze, right-click somewhere on a clear area of the destop and go into properties. Select the settings tab and you can adjust the resolution from there.

If you’re on a Mac, open your system preferences and find the displays panel. If you hit ‘detect displays’ it might make a good guess as to what resolution you should be at.