I have welcomed my pussy overlord.

Because of the intense pressure here from all you pussy lovers, I, Shirley Ujest am now a cat owner.

Yes, it is true. You’ve read it here first. Deserate to be a member of the Pussy Lover Society and wishing to talk nonstop on how my cat is vastly superior to everything else, I gots myself one.

A four year old fixed, fully vetted front declawed male cat with gray fur and black markings has become a member of our family.

His orginal mommy could no longer care for him because she is pregnant with her 3rd child and her husband is working down in New Orleans with the power company. She put the word out for a new home and a week later, I have a cat.

His name was ‘Kitty’, which was as lame as it gets. My Wonderful Children ™ have rechristen him ( minus the bottle of champagne) Tiger.

He is a great cat and it is only our first few days. (Our start wasn’t so auspicious. One the drive home, Tiger was mortified and he had diaherrea in his carrier and I had to give him a bath.) He hangs out under my bed during the day hopefully attacking the killer dust bunnies. and at sunset, he starts poking around and checking things out. I think he may be a vampire cat which is fine with me as long as I can turn that feature into my financial windfall.

No worries about litter box or food issues. He knows where that all is. God, this is so easy.And he was free! The first cat is free…like a dime bag…first pussy is free.
So far, he bed hops and hasn’t decided who he likes the best. And has actually gone nose to nose with our 88 pound curious lab who is pretty sure Tiger isn’t human and she isn’t allowed to eat his food, which is just so unfair.
After being a dog owner for 10 years, its a little to get use to an animal that does not rush up to me for a greeting and then settles back down when I ask. This whole ‘indifferent’ attitude takes a bit to get use too. But the purring I like.
Ironically, Mr. Ujest ( the great hater of cats) is entranced by Tiger, though is hesitant to pick him up or pet him. He has visions of the cat ripping his face off. I’ve explained to him that all his life long prejudices against cats will quickly melt away. Also, he notices that if the cat gets on the couch, Murphy (our dog) feels the need to be the closest around him. She isn’t much for home protection, but no one takes her Daddy away from her.

Tiger grew up with a doggie brother. But this dog, a min-pin named Conan, was smaller than him and not officially recognized as a dog in my book despite the fact he was wider than tall or long and had brain damage ( from a golf club to the head by accident) and was amusing to watch bite at the air for no reason whatsoever. When Tiger laid eyes on Murph, he hissed. He’d probably never seen a Canine Overlord galumphing about the house that didn’t ride the short bus.

I’ll post pictures later.
YAY!

Do so, because this is not a patient crowd when they wait for their kitty pictures.

:frowning:

Your husband let you have a damn cat, but not a pug?!?

Sheesh. You really need to ask yourself if he’s really worth it. :smiley:

Congrats Shirley ! I am a recent cat owner too… been a dog person my entire life. Now I have 3 cats since May. :rolleyes:

Tiger sounds like a great kitty , and you are lucky to have found one another !

At least you are starting with the right and proper attitude.

You recognize that you are the Cat’s Human.

Many mistakingly think they are getting a pet Cat. We cat servants all know it is the other way around.

(Of course when I first read the Title, I just thought it was a man who had just got married, ducks and runs for cover :wink: )

My cat, Kee-Kee, will jump up and run to the door now when we come home! So Tiger may well do so after he gets used to his new home. Good on you for giving him a chance! Pictures, please!

What do we want?

CAT PICS!! :smiley:

When do we want 'em?

NOW!! :slight_smile:
:: starts a picket line ::

You don’t think I am not working on him for a pug still?

It took me 12 years…12 years to break down his defenses.
Twelve years of chopping away with an ax before the tree came crashing down.

As for pics…being a total dumbass as opposed to half ass…I’ve forgotten where I dump my pictures here…someone name some links…so you can all fawn over my pussy*.

• I will never tire of that joke. Never.

www.photobucket.com?

That is so excellent, that the dog and cat are getting along right from the start.

Ricky didn’t take too well to Boomer the Dog. First time Boomer got close, Ricky tried to rip his nose off. It was years before Boomer would go within 20 feet of Ricky, and Ricky knew it. Boomer would head for the basement to eat, and Ricky would just sit at the top of the steps, blocking his way. He knew what he was doing.

But now they’re best buds.

Pussy is addictive, isn’t it? Now you know how we mere men must feel…every day! :smiley:
Pictures. Now, dammit!!! :smiley:

Tiger It is sideways. Sorry.
Oh, and Murphy’s favorite spot for most of the day is to lay across the hallway…which blocks the path to the food/water and litter box.

The dog won’t move because she is grandmothered in for that spot. 10 years worth.

It is funny watching them have their ESP thing going on.

It was photobucket.

Thanks! Auntie!
!!!111!!!Eleventy Juan!!!11!!! <------------------too much coffee.

I can hear my Lily meowing even before I get to the door. She’s always glad when I come home… however, it’s really because she wants to dash out into the hall to see if there’s anything exciting going on rather than to see me.

But once she’s gotten that out of the way, she comes back in and wants to be petted and brushed. So sometimes they do start to come to the door to greet you.

I’ve had Lily a year and she just recently started to do this. It was precipitated by her becoming an only kitty though so YMMV.

More Tiger

A very regal pussy. Remember to pet and play with it every day.

that is one lordly looking feline - worship him well - smokey http://tinyurl.com/cw4sq
and i wish you and tiger long happy purry life together =^.^=

Tiger is using his eyes to tell you that you are expected to make his life wonderful.

Typical cat. He’s very cool.

Your overlord is very beautiful. Worship him with kitty treats and all will be well.

I had to kill my cat Squeaky last month.

My girlfriend told me on a Saturday, “I think Squeaky is sick. You should look at Squeaky.”

Squeaky was acting a little strange and on Tuesday morning my girlfriend said, “Squeaky is acting wild, she’s hiding behind the dresser, check on her.”

I approached the dresser and said, “Squeaky, Squeaky”, in a comforting, concerned tone and a wild animal charged out to attack me. She ran into the kitchen, hid under the table, and began this wild yowling. I got the .22 and shot her. She tested positive for rabies. Must have been playing with a sick bat.

GET YOUR CATS VACCINATED!!!

:eek:

Snuff the Magic Dragon
Lived by the sea…