I hope Texas loses 3000 to -63

Agreed. I respect him more now because of that. When you stink it up (87 yds and a TD is stinking it up? Other RBs would consider that a great day!), take your lumps, come back fighting to be even better. Can’t wait to see him tear up NFL fields.

I heard on the radio (The Dan Patrick Show, ESPN; no verifying cite) that the Texans gave Carr a contract extension, so it looks like he’s their QB for the forseeable future. They’ll probably still take Bush first.

As a USC fan I am upset that pretty much everyone missed VY being on his knee, but I do agree with the call on the incomplete pass. In the super-duper, double secret slow motion replay it looks like a complete pass and a fumble, but in real time there was no doubt in my mind that the pass was incomplete. And let us be honest, USC could have been called for delay of game more times than they were.

I think that Leinart may have read too many stories about himself. Did he change every play at the line? IMO, 'SC should have alternated Bush and White carrying the ball for most of the game. To bad nobody pays for Thursday morning QB’s.

Actually he was 13 for 82 yds rushing, 6 for 95 yds receiving, and 5 for 102 yards in kick returns. A whopping 279 total all-purpose yards. Yeah, he had a awful game! Hate the fact that he made that one dumb play.

As for Leinart’s comments, I’m willing to give him a pass. These guys are 18-22 years old, 22 in Matt’s case, and he just lost one of the biggest games of his career in a tough fashion. I’m glad the guy got emotional, I worry about players that are a little too business-like in the heat of the moment.

He did say that he felt they lost it, and not Texas winning it, but he didn’t rag on Texas.

Incidentally, I think Pete Carroll cost his team that game, and for as awesome as Vince Young and Texas was, USC left opportunties on the field and still were a sliver away from beating them. If these teams played 100 times, I think USC wins maybe 65 of them. However, Texas won the won that mattered fair and square.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t have two Tivos and picture-in-picture.