I just bought $90 worth of beer

Two cases of Christmas Anchor, and a couple other Christmas brews.

And it’s all for me! (well, my wife can have some.) :smiley:

It is too clear, and so it is hard to see.

Dirty bastard…

Any Sierra Nevada Celebration? It’s the stuff. . .

Dr. J

A six pack was the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. The other six was Winterhook. As best as I can tell, the Celebration Ale is the same each year. They change the recipe for the Christmas Anchor each year, so I buy more of it.

Can you get Full Sail’s Wassale (or is it Wassail?) where you are? Since I’ve moved back to Michigan, I haven’t been able to find it. I remember that being really good also.

Damn! I seem to have lost the directions to your house; could you remind me again? :wink:

Oh Zennnnnnniiiiiieeeeee…

I don’t believe it. I live an hour away from you, and you don’t invite me over to share all that beer. Harumph.

You didn’t get all that stuff at the beer drive-thru, did you? :wink:

sheesh…if I were to buy $90 of my favorite beer (Molson Ice) I would be able to purchase 10 twelve packs of it (in the can, I am broke so I have to settle for canned beer)

You held out on the Guy Stuff thread, dude!

I bought three cases of champagne cause there won’t be anymore made before year 2000!

Anyone ever try that “Cranberry Lambic” Christmas brew from… someone I can’t remember (Pete’s Wicked Ale maybe?)

I found it absolutely VILE. I like beer, like cranberry… but SEPARATE!!!

I can’t be torn away from my usual Corona and lime so I haven’t tried too many “special brews”. One horrible experiment with coffee favored beer has made me very timid. What’s the deal with Christmas brews? Egg nog flavoring?

OK, it’s good to know that Anchor changes the recipe. A few years ago I tried it and it was glorious and became my favorite beer at the time; I moved to the Midwestern beer desert, and when I got back to the coast after a couple of years, I picked some up again and it wasn’t nearly as nice. I thought it was all in my head, so this explains it. is it any good this year?

It’s OK, but they’ve done better. I’m holding off on my final judgement for a bit, though. Maybe six or seven years ago, I did’nt like it at first, but it grew on me. That year ended up being my favorite. Hmmm, guess I’ll go have one now :).

On second thought, I’ll try one of the Celebrations. Let ya know!