I just canceled my Netflix. Here's why.

Resisting ad creep is a good reason.

I agree. I bought several seasons of The Simpsons to watch with my kids from Amazon streaming. But when I bought the most recent season they’d included ads for current Fox shows that run prior to the start of each episode. I called Amazon and got a refund on it.

I don’t like ads. I certainly don’t want to PAY to have ads presented to me. I didn’t like it when they put those auto-plays on DVDs and I don’t like it now. Give it to me for free and I’ll take it. Otherwise, hell no.

If you think Netflix is bad, give Hulu a shot. You’ll realize how great the Netflix apps and interface really are.

I’m with the OP. I stopped going to the movies for the same reason.

When I view something or use a service for free, I expect ads. No problem. But when I have paid I don’t feel I should be subjected to advertising. Especially not video, and most especially not automatic videos that are difficult or impossible to skip.

These days, I actually like Hulu’s interface a bit more. That’s not because Hulu has gotten better, but rather because Netflix has gotten worse.

The Pirate Bay, apparently. At least according to BigT and his international cabal of intellectual property thieves.

I pay for cable TV and I still see ads. Hell, even HBO runs ads for its own content. I get where the OP is coming from, but it’s nothing new.

If it’s a movie, and you want to see it, they probably don’t have it. You can see the “what’s new on Netflix this month” by Googling it, and you probably won’t be impressed.

Netflix may not have the movie you want on its streaming service, but sometimes they have it on a disk you can get by mail the old-fashioned way.

Hulu drives me crazy because 1) they don’t pop-up the title and blurb when you move your “cursor” over the selection* and 2) you need eyes like a dadblam eagle** to read the blurbs even when you select a program. Luckily, I don’t watch much network tv, so I don’t use Hulu very often.

*I’m using a Roku. I’m not sure if it’s different on a computer or other device
**My vision is terrible, but I refuse to believe that 1/2 point font works for anyone other than said eagles.

In conclusion, Netflix is awesome and I love them forever.

Netflix is the best $8 a month I ever spent.

I love Netflix and you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

I’m on board with this. I hate ads appearing on services I pay for. The one that really pisses me off is the cricket - I pay a Sky Sports sub purely for the cricket - I don’t watch any other sports. And as well as gouging me for that, they have the gall to show ads between each over! I could understand it when Channel 4 (a free to air channel) did it, but the constant advertising during the cricket winds me up something chronic.

Seems reasonable to me. I use it through my PS4 and on a decently large television, so that’s not a problem for me.

I hope that Netflix implements an option to disable this because I also find it annoying. There are plenty of places I can see their new shows and can choose if I want to watch them.

One other thing I find odd about Netflix’s content is that they have long-ish intros. When they put all episodes out at once, they don’t need a full credit intro for each one. That means the viewer has to sit through the same credit sequence over and over or try to play the FF game with the streaming device to skip the intro. Give the first episode the full title sequence, then the rest have a quick title sequence and put the full credits at the end for whoever wants to see them.

I don’t think that’s necessarily Netflix’s call. The production company that makes those shows probably makes that decision. And long intros allow for being able to list all the folks that are responsible for the episode - I’m sure that is why most shows in general have the long intros.

The main issue is that content is expensive to secure and when Netflix raised its prices in the past (because of this issue), a TON of folks dropped the service. So they have to figure out a way to deal with that. Hulu Plus has actually come up with a decent way to split the baby - the regular tier has ads, the no-ad tier costs $4 more a month. Therefore the people that want a cheap service can have that, but people who want no ads can pay more for it. That only worked though because Hulu had ads from the get go - Netflix putting ads on for a lower tier costing the same as service right now and having a higher priced no-ads tier wouldn’t go over as well.

I don’t think that’s a Netflix thing, I think that is related to how you are watching it. When I watch Netflix on AppleTV, it shows the opening credits for the next episode. When I watch Netflix through my dad’s BluRay player, it goes directly to the first scene of the next episode, skipping the credits.

I think ads may be related to how you watch it as well, as I have never seen any kind of ads autoplaying though either method I just mentioned.

My TV is smart and came with a Netflix app. When I’m watching shows and just let it autoplay to the next episode there are no opening credits but if I go to the menu and manually select the episode it shows the opening credits.

It was late at night, I had watched another channel, I click on the Netflix icon, and this COMMERCIAL for some show I’d never watch starts blaring. And it’s my responsibility to find how to stop it? Fuck that shit! They didn’t used to do this, they’ve just started it, and my only choices as a consumer are:
[ol]
[li]Take it (and encourage more of this shit!)[/li][li]Dump them.[/li][/ol]
I’ve dumped them, and hopefully my tiny part of a mass exodus from Netflix will discourage this sort of shit in the future. And those people who continue to accept auto-play commercials will see fewer of them in the future.

You’re welcome.