I just found my cat dead

So sorry to hear this… :frowning:

My dogs are getting older, too. It’s something I’ve begun to think about recently. I still don’t know how I’ll handle it, but I’ll be dead inside for a while.

So sorry to hear this news. I lost my Chloe earlier this year, at about the same age, and with just a little more fuss than you had. My Cleo faded away like your Kitsy a few years back. I’m down to two cats now (and technically they are NOT MINE and someone will be TAKING them back soon) but I have the same misgivings about getting another pet, especially if I’m living alone. The loss thing doesn’t bother me so much, but rather my family having to find a place for what might be a very elderly cat when I go.

Sorry to hear about your old kitty, Boyo Jim. We have a 16 year old and a 12 year old cat - I haven’t lost a pet before, and I’m sure not looking forward to losing these tiny monsters (well, some days, when they pee on the floor for no reason…).

Just to lighten the mood of all us sad kitty lovers. In honor of both Ms Jenkins. Link safe for work

Wow, that’s a good long time you had together. Then she slipped out quietly when you weren’t looking, just like a damn cat. Here’s hoping that your pain eases soon (and that maybe your pet-owning career will go on when the time is right).

I’ll give it 6 months before you’re adopted. :slight_smile:

Seriously, though, I’m very sorry to hear of your loss.

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. {{{hugs}}}

So sorry to hear it Jim. I hope your good memories overcome the pain quickly.

As for another cat - just keep an open mind, you will be contacted. :wink:

Sorry about your cat, Boyo Jim.

I am sorry to hear your news! The loss of a beloved pet is a deep sadness. Sending supporting thoughts your way.

I realized this morning that I’ve lived with this cat longer than with any other individual, including my parents.

Wow. That’s huge. Extra hugs. {{{{Boyo Jim}}}}