I Just Inadvertently Flirted With a Thirteen Year Old

Here in the Czech Republic (and other CEE countries) there isn’t an age limit to get into clubs. So you are standing/dancing/drinking and see a girl dressed to the 9’s and Czechs are friendly so you can actually start chatting with them easily…Leave it to say there are MANY foreign guys who are over 25 hitting on girls around 16…I see it all the time.

It happened to me 10 years ago when I first studied here. I was 24 and hooked up with a girl who had just turned 17, but looked 20. A friend was an english teacher at the local junior high school and when we were dancing at a club a drop-dead hottie came up and started flirting with him. The look in his eyes was “Alright! I’m going to get some tonight!” Then after 5 minutes she said “OH! You don’t recognize me? I’m in your 11am class!”

She was 14. He was 25. She normally dressed in pig-tails and jeans, but that night she was low-cut and mini-skirt…

-Tcat

I’ve got a few students in 7th and 8th grade who could easily pass for 18 or older. I’ve also got a few who look like they’re in 3rd grade (no joke).

I swear there’s something in the water…or the beef…or the television. Well, I don’t know where it is, but there’s something somewhere.

:dubious:
With your user name, I wouldn’t be throwing so many stones…

I travelled down to Missouri for an SCA event a year ago. It was my first time to meet some guys from a household I’ve joined; they’re all from the New Jersey area. I met a couple of them, and we were sitting around shooting the bull. They’re talking the typical horny single guy line about all the beautiful ladies walking by, “great legs, look at her shoulders, wow, blah, blah blah…”

… when somebody from my home group walks by. They go nuts, because she is, actually very pretty. I say, “Yeah, she looks nice, but you’d never think to look at her that she’s only 13.”

:eek:

“And you know what’s really funny? She’s looked that way since she was 11.”

:eek: :eek:

Similarly, my son’s been passing for late teens-early 20’s since he started shaving at 13. There have been some girls, several years older than he was, who got in trouble with their parents because they got spotted with him at events, and the girls weren’t supposed to be hanging out with “older men”. A year ago he figured out that if he started going to the weekly dance practice, he’d get to hang out with even more of the cute college girls…

He’s 16 now. Just another year or so…

I’ve never had a situation like it. However, in 1981, I was playing in a music group, and one of the guys’ friends came to my house. I didn’t find out until much later, but he was so taken by a photo of my sister that he stole it. And then he started writing to her.

She was eleven.

I mentioned it to him, not in a confrontational or accusatory way, but he got all defensive and never spoke to me after that. No loss, really.

Recall that photo of the twelve year-old Afghan refugee? Maybe girls look older, but we, Americans that is, look pretty young. I was at a party at my frat not too long ago and many of the women looked like they were about fourteen years old. Just going on a photo, a well-written thirteen year old could totally fool me because college women look so young.

You know, reading this made me feel so much better about a certain incident… until I got to the parentheses. So close!

I’d just like to second this.

I’m sorely tempted to make a pun about egg on my face and **Toast ** on Giraffe’s but I think I’ll refrain.

Thanks for the link. I don’t feel quite as embarassed now. :slight_smile:

That’s why I said it…:smack:

You know, maybe you’d find it easier to approach girls if you didn’t worry about being sent to jail for telling them they’re cute.