I just made a drevolutionary (to me) discovery!

My mouse seemed to cease working satisfyingly, cleaning didn’t help, so I bought a new one; not a sumptous expensive one, but a standard thing for 6.40 euros.

I plugged it in, it works beautifully. Now, for no apparent reason (most likely boredom), I click the middle one of its three buttons (I never use the middle button), and boom! the cursor changes into a circle with two arrows that allows me to scroll down much more comfortably than with keys or the bar on the right - just moving the mouse around, and everything’s fine! What a charm! It will revolutionize my behaviour. And make me wonder why my old mouse couldn’t do stuff like this.

Of course other have enjoyed similar, or better, things for a long time, but to me it’s new. And the best thing: I discovered it all alone. Tell me, isn’t that a source of pride?

I was ecstatic when I found out I could toggle between applications while holding down the ATL+TAB buttons. Of course, that was about 5 years ago. Obviously, I am very easily impressed.

I was amazed when the other day someone taught me what happens when you click on the number of posts in a thread on the forum display page.

I’m not so sure I like the click-the-mouse-wheel scrolling function…for me it goes by way to fast so it’s hard to control. But some mice let you just roll the wheel up and down to scroll; I like that.

The ALT-TAB thing is terribly cool. I just discovered it a couple of months ago and i use it all the time now. Dunno how I figured it out, though! Mystery.

The other cool thing is CTRL-ALT-DEL as a way to see what you’ve got running, not just for shutting down the computer. Neato.

Anyhoo, congratulations Schnitte on your discovery! :smiley:

:eek: My God - my life is changed!