I just saw X-men 2!

Wow.

That pretty much sums up how I felt about this movie. I’m a major fan of the cartoon (both the old school and evolution series), not so much a comic book follower, and a die hard X-men movie buff, which is why I jumped at the opportunity to see this movie 3 days before it was actually due to screen in Australia.

In my honest opinion, X2 blew the first movie out of the water. I won’t give away any spoilers, but there was a heap more action, a broader range of characters and a tad more humour than the first. Unfortunately, there was no sign of Gambit (even though they said he’d be in it on the IMDB), so I guess I’ll just have to hang out for X-men 3.

Seriously, this was a great movie. 4 and a half paws up!

You jammy sod!

Glad you liked it. Can’t wait to see it.

I saw it with Cataclysm, my boyfriend and some friends. We got a showbag with our tickets, and the first 150 people to book (not us) got free copies of X Men 1.5. We had to settle for cough Baby’s Day Out DVDs. There were some X Men character cards, a poster of the movie and samples. They auctioned off a framed poster of the cast and Hugh Jackman’s mother-in-law was there as well.

<not a spoiler, but if you don’t want to know anything about the movie, don’t read on>

I felt that Rogue was underutilised in the movie. I know she hasn’t gotten her powers yet, but she’s so useless - they had better be saving her up for something good in X3!

Bastard!

I saw the X2 special on Fox last week and it had a screenshot of Collossus on it. Is he just a cameo experience like Shadowcat and Iceman were in the original X-Men? If so, they better make him a full fledged character a-la-Drake in X3 or I’ll… I’ll… I’ll pitch a hissy fit.

And I want Archangel and Apocalypse too. If they somehow make it in X3, I can die a happy geek with seeing my four favorite X-Men characters (Collossus and Nightcrawler are the other two) on the big screen.

Great to hear the positive review Cataclysm. Can’t wait until the movie comes out. Yippy!

I hope that X3 will include the Sentinels, they kicked ass in the original cartoon series.

Apocalypse would definately make a better character for much much later in the franchise, since he’s so big, ancient, and corrupting. It would be nice, however, if they plan on using him, for them to start putting references to him in the current films.

[Eric Cartman] Ugh, I hate you guys[/Eric Cartman]

::drool::

Hey Aesiron, Collossus is indeed in the movie, but only as a cameo. They do a cool bit where he transforms into his metal self near the start of the film.

I’m personally hoping for a legacy virus or something similar in X3 - I’m afraid that I might be disappointed with the movie if the Sentinels don’t live up to my expectations.

Slight, tiny not really a spoiler up ahead

If you’re on the lookout for Archangel, watch the last third of the movie carefully. There’s a board of X-rays where they show something that looks suspiciously like his wing… A teaser for the next movie perhaps?