I just voted and it was a complete waste of time.

You got me to look at the Presidential Timeline page, which shows (in an odd but very handy style) which states went Red or Blue since Washington. I see that Idaho hasn’t gone Blue since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964! It went Blue for Harry Truman, and all 4 Roosevelt terms. Blue for Woodrow Wilson (both terms, 1912 and 1916) and William McKinley’s office (both terms, 1896 and 1900, Idaho went with William Jennings Bryan instead of the Republican McKinley). Your first time voting as a state in 1892, y’all decided to be all mavericky and chose James Weaver from the Populist Party. After the first 3 elections, which Idaho got wrong, it went with the winners in every election until Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996. So, since Idaho’s been a state, it’s picked the winners all but 5 times. Let’s make it 6!!

And 1976. Seriously, I’m all for being optimistic, but the only Democrat who has a chance of winning in ID this year is Walt Minnick. LaRocco and Obama are both getting their butts kicked.

Whoops, don’t know how I missed that one. Isn’t that a great page?

Gosh, I know I am. Bush has never been my president, and that goes far beyond him just being a Republican. Obama will be my president, and it will go far beyond him just being a Democrat. I think he’ll be everybody’s president. Well, except for the right-winger wingnuts. But even McCain wouldn’t be their president. Palin would be their president.

Yeah…but when I reread what I posted, I realize I made it sound like I thought I wasn’t going to vote for the winner this time around, though if things go as I’m hoping the winner sure as heck isn’t going to get Idaho unless something really, really strange and weird – on the order of entering the Twilight Zone – happens.

I love it here, don’t get me wrong, but there are a lot of veeeeery conservative people outside of this county. I know I’m an outlier.

Try living in Oklahoma. :frowning:

Gary Larson has submitted his daily strip for Wednesday 11-5 and is going with what he has been told are the odds. He said that if the odds don’t turn out to be correct, there will be too many Americans upset to notice that his comic strip was wrong. He has a point.

I wouldn’t take anything for granted. Hell, I’m agoraphobic and I got out and voted.

Go O!

Oh, 1960 also. Can’t believe I forgot that one. What page are you talking about?

Um, Garry Trudeau, perhaps?

I think you misunderstood the question. glee lives in England.

Exactly. I have heard anecdotally how some people who live in countries other than the US have said they think they should have a say in who becomes our president, an idea which just boggles my mind.

On the other hand though, there was the recent thread asking if there would be celebrating around the world on November 5th (the consensus seemed to be no).

I was wondering if glee really felt like HE would be getting a new president too, or if it was just sloppy wording on his part (like I might say “we” are getting a new President of the People’s Republic of China on a similar occasion).