I left a message for Dopers at the Lazy Lizard in Caye Caulker, Belize

If anyone happens to be in the vicinity, you’ll find it amongst the graffitti on / above the bar.

:slight_smile:

Ooooooooh!

We could spread messages and paranoia all over the world with graffiti which would be against anything the Chicago Reader & their jackbooted lawyers…etc.etc…etc and slightly illegal… with some cryptic messages!

Something that could leave future generations going " It’s about The Grail!" other’s going, " It’s about The Gourd!"…"
I like this idea…what should be the univeral saying/marking?
I think Friends of Cecil Adams. C1972 AD. has a certain vague and mysterious slant to it.

No, no, no. It must include Og, or Opal, or 1920s-style death rays. Really!

Hit enter too soon I’m such a spaz
Instead of Geocaching…it could be dopercaching…like…find where we left the message by leaving certain clues.

This could be done with hidden notes rather than defacing things…

What I wrote is much more cryptic than that. Suffice it to say, you’d have to be long term member or avid reader to understand it at all.

No, I will not reveal it. Someone will just have to go down there and report back. :slight_smile:

Did you make sure you inserted fnord?

Bring Pie - Cecil

Maybe we could call the bar and have the “Keep” read all the graffitti to us until we spotted Dooku’s message. Anybody got their number?

“Whayawan, crazy fukka? Ya tink me gwan read all da grafitti ondabar? <click>”

sigh
Allright folks. You heard the man. Start taking up collections. I’d prefer sometime in the winter months for a timeframe. And if our wealthier dopers could toss in a few extra dimes into the plate, I might just be able to take my family along. And I’ll need at least a week to read all the graffitti. Do you think the Chicago Reader would pick up the bar tab?

Volunteerism folks. The things I’m willing to go through for our community.

As it happens, I’m going to Belize next week. Precisely where is the Lazy Lizard?

Normally, I’m sleeping on the couch, but occasionally I can be found in front of the computer.

Oh, you meant <i>the bar</i>. Never mind.

It’s on The Spit

Evidently this Caye Caulker is a pretty small place, this links has a little info about the Lazy Lizard, another link I clicked said they didn’t even have a map, as it was impossible to get lost on the Caye…

I was in Belize two weeks ago, but I didn’t go to Caye Caulker.

I did, however, lose a quarter on Half Moon Caye. I’d appreciate it if anyone going there would look for it for me.

Oh Shirley, I love your optimism…but considering most of the people on this board have trouble finding their car keys in the morning, somehow I don’t see us becoming the sly purveyors of hidden international clues…

It is a physical impossibility to fail to find the Lazy Lizard if you are on Caye Caulker.

If you send me, it’ll be cheaper because I won’t be taking my family. :smiley: