I Like The Bush Administration

OK, I’ll play.

Umm, driftwood and morons?

What do I win?

Leaffan, if you’re looking to start a club or something, just leave a big tub of paste out, and make friends with anyone you find eating it.

Leaffan, do you only like Bush for his wars or do you have any other reasons.
He has been bad for our economy, our rights, and the corruption levels appear to be setting new highs. They screwed up 9-11, screwed up the Katrina response, screwed up the intelligence for going to war against Iraq and screwed up the building of a coalition to fight the war. They have lowered taxes for the rich at the expense of new record levels of debt. This flies in the face of Fiscal responsibility that the Republican Party is supposed to stand for.
IMO, Cheney might be the single most evil person to hold high office in US history. It is possible they stole both elections. They use anti-gay sentiment to try and retain policy. Their kowtowing to the religious right is frightening to me.

My disclaimer, I am a registered republican and vet. I still defend Reagan and some of Nixon’s policies and I cannot stand anything about the Bush Administration. Overall, I though Clinton did a good job, but I wish he had better self control and was more honest.

Jim

Well, at least Leaffan didn’t simply post a brief, would-be provocative OP, and then vanish from any subsequent discussion…

Just a heads up, I’m stealing this to use in my everyday life. Thanks! :smiley:

My long lost twin…where’ve you been?
I stand behind the man’s court nominations, that’s about it so far. I initially supported the war in Iraq, but too many blunderous activities have followed since.

I really don’t feel like a debate, but I would like to request some information about your opinion. I won’t debate your opinion, just maybe ask for clarifications.

How do you judge that Iraq was a correct move? In a cost vs. goals type analysis, what goals where achieved that you feel was worth the cost, both in civilian and soldier lives, and money? Was simply removing Saddam worth the tens of thousands dead, perhaps because you feel he would have caused more deaths than were lost? Or was there more than that attained, in your opinion, such as seeding democracy, that was worth the lives and money?

Thanks.

Yes. Two points for remembering that.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go all Atlantis on their ass.

*they hate us for our basic cable channels…

:smiley:

raises mug of Horton’s in general direction of Bear Flag Republic

Actually, they screwed up 1-177, inclusive. But hey, two out of one seventy nine ain’t bad.

snerk

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I’m not wholly against bombing any nation that carries The Home Shopping Network, Lifetime, and The 700 Club.

Well, gosh, if I lived in Canada I’d probably like Bush too.

The Canadian$ has certainly done well against the US$ in the last year or so - by comparison.

Due to relaxed environmental restrictions your air and water are clean and pristine - by comparison.

Our society’s decreasing acceptance of dissent makes you look the very soul of tolerance - by comparison. (Except the Quebecois, but fuck them, eh?)

In short, George Bush has been great for other countries, because by our lowering the bar, now they don’t look so bad - by comparison.

plynck (whose grandparents were all Canadian, who loves and visits Canada every year, and who can’t stomach George Bush)

Why can’t we ever invade anyplace nice? See, if you’d have said, maybe, Ibiza was next, I’d be right there with you.

I had to read that three times to get the joke. :smack:

I have got to warn you that what I like most about Nixon was he a fairly friendly to the Environment and opened dialogue with China, what I like least about Reagan was James G. Watt.
I supported the war, just not the execution. I wanted to give Powell the time to do it right and not rush into it under the Rumsfeld plan.

Plynck: Thank you for explaining why Bush might look good to the Op. For the Life of me, I could not think of any good reason.

Jim {Can I just add that Rumsfeld & Ashcroft sound like Vampires or B-villains from a 30’s Hollywood movie and Cheney’s name I associate with Lon Chaney one of the most famous monster actors of them all. It seems like Bush was trying to be open about how evil is administration would be.}

That’s why Reagan was a superior president. He invaded Grenada. I’ve been - nice place. No sand, except where it belongs, on the beach.

[somewhat OT] You know, I’ve been wondering this for a while now. Just what is a spiderhole, and how did it get that name? I’d never heard of it prior to Saddam’s capture, and suddenly everyone is using it like it’s been common lingo for years.

Could someone deliver a clue, please? [/sOT]

Just as I originally supported the Japanese internment in WWII but later came to my senses as to what it meant for the future. Welcome aboard.

Two or three of them… :slight_smile:

Hey! No sending them to Canada! We have enough morally-challenged politicians of our own, thanks.

:: nods in general direction of Ottawa (not Carp, though, even though Carp is a town on the outskirts of Ottawa and is actually between me and Ottawa) ::

Might as well vote for matt_mcl when he runs for Parliament again. At least he’s one of us. And hopefully too smart to be corrupt.