I live with crazy people

Last night, my husband had a hankerin’ for pastry, so I made a run to Publix and got him a couple of almond bear claws (and some ice cream for me, but that’s not part of the story) The Perfect child[sup]TM[/sup] was at work and wasn’t due home till 10:30 or so.

He ate one of them, and before going to bed, he put a note on the container:

I came home at lunch to find an empty container and another note taped over the first one:

I have two things to say.

1. I’m glad she’s not twins.
  2. Can I come live with one of you?? PLEASE?!?!?

While opposites frequently attract, it’s probably just as well that you live with your own kind. :smiley:

<clutching heart>

Oh, man, cut me deep, why don’cha??

Note to self: RTF isn’t as nice as he seemed… Be wary…

I’m not crazy - just delightfully eccentric.

At least your crazy people are all on the outside. I have crazy people living in my head. One is trying to kill me (possibly by dehydration- don’t ask) the other wants me to wear a tie more. (THAT one is ducked taped to a chair in a very dark room. Huh. That would mean my brain is furnished. Weird.)
-Rue.
P.S. Moose poop looks like Milk Duds. Only different.

Oh yeah. There’s the one that liked to work the keyboard online. I wish that one would learn to spell. “ducked tape”, sheesh.
-Rue. (or a remarkable facsimile)

I like this kid!

Just so you know, the “moose poop” comment threw me off.

I thought you were going to say that FairyChatMoose was the one responsible for the disappearance of the pastry!

No, FairyChatMoose hasn’t made it home yet. I’m afraid to ask Shibb what sort of debauchery she was involved in… I’ll just read her diary when she gets back.

And, for the record, I don’t think the pastry looked like moose poop. In fact, I almost snagged it for breakfast, but I didn’t want to deal with the whining…

[sub]lucky for me, he doesn’t read the boards…[/sub]

FCM sweetie you are always welcome in south Jawja. Mind you, you’d be moving somewhere where two more crazy people live. Ya see, Partner and I have been on a major get rid of junk campaign for a month. We now have a garage full of stuff that we are getting rid of this weekend. The whole idea was to unclutter the house, get rid of this stuff we don’t use.

However, we have also been buying new stuff to put where the old stuff was, so the house is just as cluttered, nay, even more cluttered, (some of the new stuff is bigger than the old stuff it replaced), as before.

Are ya ready for this?

Ready?

Here it comes!

Last night we were out in the garage and decided that some of the old stuff needs to stay. Now we need to find places for the old stuff that’s staying because there’s new stuff where the old stuff used to be.

I live with crazy people and one of em is me!:eek:

Yes, but you’ll have to share a room with a bunch of computers and a train set.
And how do you know he doesn’t?
Oh and Rue, you’re starting to scare me.
:eek:

Hey, I offered once. You turned me down flat. Some nonsense about it being “cold up there”. :rolleyes:

You only get one chance, you know! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Did I seem nice to you?

Well, sheeyuht. Gotta fix that in the future. :wink:

And I’d let you move up to Chez Firefly (it’s in the general area you want to be anyway!) but for two things: (i) the wife might have problems with the idea, and (ii) if you think your spouse and daughter are crazy, you’d never handle life in the Firefly household.

No more wise quacks out of you, bub. :smiley:

I can attest to this. I’ve met His Excellency’s cats! They’re crazy, even by cat standards!

FCM, I don’t find the actions of Perfect Child[sup]TM[/sup] crazy in the least.

But then, my mother always had to label things she didn’t want us to eat as after-school snacks. It started out with Russian novel-length notes about how whatever it was had been made for Women’s Fellowship, or something, so don’t eat it, and maybe she’ll make another one for family consumption, or some such.

Eventually, it got to the point where it was SOP to open the refrigerator and see something with a note on that just said,

“NO!”

She was only engaged in the best sorts of debauchery. But I really do need to send her home to you. She’s already gone through all of my beer and the larder’s half empty. Oh, and you owe me for about 6 quarts of ice cream.
:slight_smile:

SIX QUARTS?!?!? Criminy, I’ll hafta build a whole wing onto the house to accommodate her!!

The crazies have calmed for the evening. Hubby had his bear claw, Perfect Child[sup]TM[/sup] is babysitting across the street, and I’ve got uninterrupted 'puter time… at least for now. But it won’t last. It never does. They’re all insane. I’m trapped!

You know, these sorts of things are often hereditary…

yeah, I noticed my in-laws are kinda flaky…

I have a whole box of address labels left over from an old dot matrix printer …you know, the ones with the holeys along the edge…that I saved just to put NO! notes on things in the fridge. It doesn’t matter what it is I buy…feta cheese, pineapple, pimientos…if I have a plan for it, they eat it. If I want them to eat it, they won’t touch it. The NO! notes are my only chance to keep key ingredients around til the cooking mood strikes. When the boy moves out, you can have his room, FCM.

…you get 'em from your children. :smiley:

I think FairyChatChild is actually quite clever.
Better than my kids who stand there, blank-faced, when I ask who drank all the milk and put the empty bottle back in the fridge. Oh, it must have been that other kid, I Dunno. :rolleyes:

Aren’t you a displaced Baltimoron? You can come live with me. For a while, anyway. And you’ll have to sleep on the sofa.

I know what you mean. I am crazy people too.