I lost my Aunt last night. Almost two years after I lost my Uncle

I apologize if I was short with anyone today. I am trying to process this.

My Uncle’s wife took her life yesterday. Almost 2 years after my Uncle had passed. She was not in great health, she was mostly blind and did a very good job of isolating herself from everyone else.

Honestly I didn’t know her all that well. This was my Uncle’s second wife, but I always got along with her, which was fairly unusual apparently.

We don’t know what pushed her over the edge, but Holiday Time, almost 2 years since her husband passed and apparently she refused to go to the Hospital following a wellness check last week.

I can make some guesses, but I don’t know and I don’t think we ever will.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss - it’s hard to process even if you know the situation. Having something like that happen is devastating. My condolences to you and yours.

Sorry for your lost. Its tough when they take their own lives and leave so many questions.

I am so sorry about your Aunt.

Thinking of you, @What_Exit.

My thoughts are with you and your family, my friend.

My father look his own life five years ago and we don’t know why. He was 91 and healthy as far as we knew. My mom died 15 years earlier of AD and he lived alone by choice. I know what you 'e going through.

If you need anything, even someone to yell at, feel free to contact me. We are all here for you.

I’m very sorry Jim.

I’m sorry, WE. The unanswered questions are so difficult.

Thanks everyone.

We just got an update. Another Aunt found out that my Uncle’s wife actually died of natural causes. It doesn’t change much but somehow it feels better at least.

I was thinking of her being there lonely and depressed based on the news we got this morning.

Communications are a little weird. A close friend of the family and my late Aunt’s neighbor contacted my Aunt with poor information. This then got relayed to my sister who texted the rest of us.

The neighbor is sadly losing her facilities. This is extra sad as when we lived down in there community for 2 months, the neighbor was really friendly and helpful. Also when my Father passed away.

I’m sorry you’re going through all this. Hugs.

A community of the very elderly and infirm is simultaneously heartwarming and pitiable. Their desire to band together in shared adversity is deeply and lovingly human. And touching to behold. But the consequences of a bunch of raggedy failing folks banding together still isn’t very effective at getting stuff done right and right now. The whole human condition put on display in a microcosm. A poignant microcosm.

Best of luck as you move forward through the swamp of grief & disorientation towards acceptance.

Just adding my condolences.

I’m sorry for your family’s loss.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I’m sorry that she is gone.

What Exit, I’m so very sorry.

I’m so sorry, What Jim.