I miss my girlfriend! Waahhhhhhh!

Welp, it’s been what, eight, nine weeks since I last saw my girlfriend. I live in San Francisco, and she in Redwood City (about 20 miles south). But she’s spending a quarter at UC San Diego (as opposed to Santa Cruz, 75 miles away from SF).

I went out to the Castro tonight for the annual Halloween throwdown. It was fun, no doubt, and proof that San Francisco knows how to fuckin’ rock it. But man, it was just not the same.

You see, I met Laura last Halloween. I will never forget how she looked that night. Leopard-print dress, braids, and a top hat. A few months later when I went down to visit my friend in Santa Cruz, well, sparks flew, and the rest is history.

Ugh, I’m rambling, reminiscing about last year’s Halloween. I miss my baby. I’m going to see her soon- Monday, in fact. I rally miss her. Every time I see a couple, arms around each other, I long to be able to do that with Laura so badly it hurts. Even more so than when I was single, because I want to do it with someone I love, not some random good-looking chick. I truly beleive she’s the best thing that ever happened to me, in my admittedly short life. She single-handedly brought me out from the brink of depression, and she makes me happier than I’ve ever been. I miss seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, hearing her voice, all the faces she males, plus many other things, some of which would not be appropriate for MPSIMS.

Anyone else this far removed from the one they love, and want to vent/whine?

Well, I haven’t been able to get any of a certain substance in prep. for “halloween” (eg. friday) so I’m missing that a bit…

:wink:

But no, it’s not quite the same situation.
sends good wishes

Waahhhhhhhh!..I miss…I miss…I don’t even have anyone to miss!!! WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I miss my superhero! WAAAAH!!!

We’re 1,000 miles apart–he’s in Colorado and I’m in California. We usually see each other about once a month, but this time is extra-long. We’ve never gone this long without seeing each other! We were last together on September 3rd, and thankfully I’ll get to see him on November 6th…but man, is this long-distance thing difficult!

I’m 6 hours away from my boyfriend. He’s at the University of Kentucky, and I’m at West Virginia University. I like it up here, but I miss my baby! WAHHHHH!!

I talked to him on the phone earlier, and he listened to me bitch and whine about my roommates and life in general. (I had a major case of PMS) When my classes and general stuff start to overwhelm me, I just think of Jay and I feel better. He’s one of my best friends, and even though we don’t get to see each other as often as we’d like, we love each other very much.

Hi poop! I love you…can’t wait to see you again! :smiley:

I understand how all of you feel. I miss my fiance. We live 7-8 hours apart on the opposite ends of Florida, and it really sucks. I won’t be able to see him until Thanksgiving, and even then it won’t be for long. I haven’t seen him since the beginning of this month, and I miss every moment I don’t share with him. No, it’s not keeping me from going out and experiencing life up here; if it did, then I would be wasting my time being here. I’m just glad I have the patience to wait for the time when we can be together. Two years of being patient is worth a lifetime of happiness for the both of us, IMO.

Good luck to everyone else who’s experiencing separation from their loved ones.

I can relate… I started going out with this guy in June after a series of bad relationships, and it turned out I actually liked him! Then in July he left for training for the army (he’s 4 years older than me, I’m a sophomore in h.s.) and we tried to continue the relationship, but I ended up breaking down and asking if we could date instead, because I rarely heard from him due to the circumstances. So now he’s moved from basic to AIT and we still don’t get to talk to him a lot. But I miss him sooo incredibly much! So I understand how hard it is.

My sweetie and I live 250 miles away from each other. I’m a college student and his job keeps him busy, so we see each other twice a month if we’re lucky. The last boyfriend I had I saw every day, so I got kinda spoiled, but I’ve been with the current boyfriend 10 months now and we’re making it work well.

We won’t get to see each other over Thanksgiving, because my parents are pukebrains, and Christmas I’m having oral surgery…so I don’t know how functional I’ll be. It sucks having to spend holidays away from him.

Almost exactly that far. I’m in Berkeley, she just returned to LA after I unexpectedly got to see her for a week. Shnike.

Oh, boohoo. Drive to go see her. At least your SO isn’t in another country and a several hundred dollar plane trip away. I’ve gone six months without seeing mine. It sucks, but I’m that picky, so it’s worth the wait.

Quit yer whinin’, you have nothing to bitch about.

He moved to Florida, 3000 miles away. I keep finding things of his around, like a pesky poltergeist that just won’t go away. There’s a red wine stain on the carpet from the last time I saw him. But here’s the part that really hurts: despite the fact that we never made any commitments, desite the fact that I don’t want a long distance relationship, the fact that I haven’t heard from him in a month is driving me mad. I know he’s just trying to start over, but…feh. [insert pop song cliche here]