[QUOTE=jsc1953]
My least favorite happens to be on a compilation we listen to a lot, this time of year…Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme’s, We’ve Got That Holiday Feeling.
It came out of the 60s ring-a-ding, let’s-make-Christmas-hip zeitgeist. It’s a conversation between Steve and Eydie, where she extols the wonders of the holiday, but Steve has more earthly subjects in mind. Boiled down to its essence, it goes:
Eydie: I love Christmas.
Steve: let’s fuck.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah…the Vegas version of “Baby It’s Cold Outside”…
“Nuttin’ for Christmas” by Rosie O’Donnell and Smash Mouth. The original by Barry Gordon is even worse; little Barry is almost as annoying as that girl who wants a hippo.
[QUOTE=UKCatGirl]
“The Chimney Song.” This is another from Bob Rivers. Here are the lyrics. It’s the tale of Santa getting stuck in a chimney and dying, with a small child singing. As time goes on he begins to smell, the dog trys to get at the body, and so on. But the line that always gets me is towards the end: “I’ve been waiting up for Santa like I did last year, but my brother says, ‘He’s already here.’”
[/QUOTE]
I came into this thread with this song in mind. Greatest. Christmas. Song. Ever.