I need song suggestions, please.

My little girl is having her first birthday party this weekend, and I’ve put together a slide show of pictures from her first year to be playing on the tv while everyone’s sitting around talking and eating. I want to have music to go along with the slideshow, just playing softly in the background, and I need suggestions for good songs.

To get an idea of what I’m going for, the first three songs on my list are *Isn’t She Lovely *by Stevie Wonder, *My Girl *by The Temptations, and Baby Love by The Supremes. I know those are all oldies, but I’m really looking for anything that fits the mood/theme of “here are a bunch of cute pictures of a baby girl. We love her lots.”

So Dopers, any ideas?

How about either Thank God for Kids by the Oak Ridge Boys (or Kenny Chesney) or Thank Heaven for Little Girls (no idea who sings it).

That about exhausts my “little kid related” song list.

Your Smiling Face by James Taylor

How Sweet It Is to Be Loved by You by James Taylor

Sunshine on My Shoulders by John Denver

*Ballerina Girl *by Lionel Richie

Little Bitty Pretty One by Thurston Harris

Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen

Forever Young by Rod Stewart

*You’ve Got a Way *by Shania Twain

Love Struck Baby by Stevie Ray Vaughn

Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel (from Dirty Dancing)

Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson (from Ghostbusters)

We Are Family by Sister Sledge

Three Times a Lady by The Commodores

Awesome suggestions so far! Thanks and keep’em coming!

If you want to slow it down a little, Blessed by Elton John, Dreamland by Mary Chapin Carpenter,

Love of my Life by Carly Simon

From the moment I first saw you
The second that you were born
I knew that you were the love of my life
Quite simply the love of my life
ETA: I get to go to a first birthday party this weekend too, for a friend’s boy who was born at 2 lbs 11 oz and is now a healthy alomst 19 pounds! Yay one-year-olds!